Helping companies to adopt Google, AWS and Azure Cloud!
Senior Cloud Data Architect, West, US (Remote)$150k – $230k
Our Core Values
They are few, but we feel strongly about them. From creating processes to decision-making and recruiting, we build our five core values into nearly every single thing we do.
- Independence. Others can trust that you’ll deliver on time and your teammates don’t need to worry about you keeping your word.
- Mastery. You love what you do and care deeply about the quality of your work, down to the smallest details.
- Communication. Your communication is clear, concise, and engaging whether you're explaining a complex idea or providing feedback.
- Ambition. You set high standards for yourself and those around you. The time you spend on work isn’t measured by quantity, but by quality.
- Impact. You're able to see the "big picture" and then solve issues that have a high impact on our customers, our team, and our company.
As a Cloud Data Architect, you will guide customers on how to ingest, store, process, analyze and explore/visualize data on the Google Cloud. You will work on data migrations and transformational tasks, and with customers to design large-scale data processing systems, develop data pipelines optimized for scaling, and troubleshoot potential platform issues.
In this role you are the engineer working with our most strategic Google Cloud customers. Together with the team you will support customer implementation of Google Cloud products through: architecture guidance, best practices, data migration, capacity planning, implementation, troubleshooting, monitoring and much more.
The Google Cloud team helps customers transform and evolve their business through the use of Google’s global network, web-scale data centers and software infrastructure. As part of an entrepreneurial team in this rapidly growing business, you will help shape the future of businesses of all sizes use technology to connect with customers.
Since we are dedicated to being a remote first company, this position can work anywhere in the Greater San Francisco Area. We want you to work where you are most comfortable and productive whether that be at home, in a coworking space, or a coffee shop. We’ve curated a culture that thrives in a virtual environment so you have the resources you need to connect with talented people around the world.
Target Locations: Greater San Francisco Area
- Act as a trusted technical advisor to customers and solve complex Big Data challenges
- Create and deliver best practices recommendations, tutorials, blog articles, sample code, and technical presentations adapting to different levels of key business and technical stakeholders
- Travel up to 30% of the time
- Communicate effectively via video conferencing for meetings, technical reviews and onsite delivery activities
- BA/BS degree in Computer Science, Mathematics or related technical field, or equivalent practical experience
- Experience with data processing software (such as Hadoop, Spark, Pig, Hive) and with data processing algorithms (MapReduce, Spark)
- Experience in writing software in one or more languages such as Java, C++, Python, Go and/or R
- Experience working data warehouses, including data warehouse technical architectures, infrastructure components, ETL/ELT and reporting/analytic tools and environments
- Experience architecting, developing software, or internet scale production-grade Big Data solutions in virtualized environments such as Amazon Web Services, Azure and Google Cloud
- Experience working with big data, information retrieval, data mining or machine learning as well as experience in building multi-tier high availability applications with modern web technologies (such as NoSQL, MongoDB, SparkML, Tensorflow)
Benefits and Perks:
Health Insurance including Medical, Dental, and Vision plans from top carriers
- 401k matching
- Employee Stock Option Plan
- Maternity and Paternity Leave
- Uncapped PTO
- Flexible working options
- Work life balance
- Professional Development including certifications
Medical, Dental and vision (Depending on location)
Dog friendly offices
DoiT International at a glance
DoiT International focuses on Cloud Computing, Consulting, Cloud Management, Cloud Data Services, and Cloud Infrastructure. Their company has offices in New York City, Austin, London, Santa Monica, and Melbourne. They have a mid-size team that's between 51-200 employees. To date, DoiT International has raised $100M of funding; their latest round was closed on October 2019.