Helping companies to adopt Google, AWS and Azure Cloud!
Senior Cloud Architect, US (Remote)
Our Core Values
They are few, but we feel strongly about them. From creating processes to decision-making and recruiting, we build our five core values into nearly every single thing we do.
- Independence. Others can trust that you’ll deliver on time and your teammates don’t need to worry about you keeping your word.
- Mastery. You love what you do and care deeply about the quality of your work, down to the smallest details.
- Communication. Your communication is clear, concise, and engaging whether you're explaining a complex idea or providing feedback.
- Ambition. You set high standards for yourself and those around you. The time you spend on work isn’t measured by quantity, but by quality.
- Impact. You're able to see the "big picture" and then solve issues that have a high impact on our customers, our team, and our company.
Customer Reliability Engineering is what you get when you treat operations and data as if it’s a software problem. Our mission is to architect, build, secure and advise for our customer's software and systems, with a focus on availability, latency, performance, and capacity.
This is an unusual job, unlike others in the industry. Like traditional operations groups, we design, build and help our digital-native customers to keep important, revenue-critical systems up and running despite downtimes, traffic outages, and configuration problems.
Unlike traditional operations groups, we often have an ability and authority to fix, extend, and scale the systems to keep it working and harden it against all the vagaries of the internet. We hire people from both systems and software backgrounds. Strong candidates will have experience with both.
This is a hands-on technical expert role with a high potential for learning new things and creating new experiences. If you are a positive-thinking, versatile technical leader who has that kind of i-want-to-know-everything drive, and you thrive in a fast-paced, startup-like environment, we want you on-board with our all-star winning team.
CRE's culture of diversity, intellectual curiosity, problem solving and openness is key to its success. Our organization brings together people with a wide variety of backgrounds, experiences and perspectives. We encourage them to collaborate, think big and take risks in a blame-free environment. We promote self-direction to work on meaningful projects, while we also strive to create an environment that provides the support and mentorship needed to learn and grow.
This is a remote job. You’re free to work where you work best: home office, co-working space, coffeeshops. However, given our existing team, we're specifically looking for someone from the Eastern, Central or Western US. We also need a reasonable overlap during a normal workday with the PT timezone, so we are not considering candidates from, say, India or Australia for this role.
Target Locations: Remote anywhere in the US
- Act as a trusted technical advisor to customers and solve complex infrastructure challenges
- Create and deliver best practices recommendations, tutorials, blog articles, sample code, and technical presentations
- Communicate effectively via video conferencing for meetings and technical reviews
- Experience with Linux internals and administration (e.g., filesystems, inodes, syscalls) or networking (e.g., routing, topologies)
- Expertise in designing, analyzing and troubleshooting large-scale distributed systems
- 2+ years of production Kubernetes experience
- Systematic problem-solving approach, coupled with strong communication skills and a sense of ownership and drive
- Ability to debug and optimize code and automate routine tasks
Benefits and Perks:
- Health Insurance including Medical, Dental, and Vision plans from top carriers
- 401k matching
- Employee Stock Option Plan
- Maternity and Paternity Leave
- Uncapped PTO
- Flexible working options
- Work life balance
- Professional Development, including certifications
Medical, Dental and vision (Depending on location)
Dog friendly offices
DoiT International at a glance
DoiT International focuses on Cloud Computing, Consulting, Cloud Management, Cloud Data Services, and Cloud Infrastructure. Their company has offices in New York City, Austin, London, Santa Monica, and Melbourne. They have a mid-size team that's between 51-200 employees. To date, DoiT International has raised $100M of funding; their latest round was closed on October 2019.