Turning the world’s greatest entertainment brands into hugely successful games
Help us create amazing social games for tablet, smartphones and the Web built around our award-winning formula of Strategy RPG storytelling and collectible content based in universes like Game of Thrones and Star Trek. We’re looking for a UI/UX Designer who will collaborate with artists, game designers and engineers to conceptualize and realize game flow.
- Collaborate with game designers, artists and engineers
- Create storyboards, wireframes and interactive mockups to explore interaction concepts
- Incorporate iterative design, live data and user testing throughout the development process
- Develop functional prototypes within Unity
- Hook up user interface objects to the working game systems within the game engine environment
- Experience shipping products for mobile or tablet platforms
- Solid graphic design and compositional abilities using typography, layout and color
- Strong intuitions about what makes for highly usable and enjoyable experiences that drive continuous engagement and social interaction
- Excellent communication skills: written, presenting, oral
- Mastery of Photoshop and/or Sketch to create wireframes and mockups
- Big plus: previous Unity experience
- Big plus: experience conducting user testing
When applying for this position, please provide a link to your portfolio. If you have applications or games in the AppStore that you were principally responsible for the UI or UX design for, let us know about those as well!
We offer world class insurance. You'll have access to a national network of doctors that provides comprehensive coverage when you need it most.
We support our employees’ families, our policy is that we automatically approve up to 12 weeks of paid time off (PTO) for the primary care-giver, and up to 6 weeks of PTO for a secondary care-giver.
We strongly believe in sharing in our success. All Disruptor Beam employees receive an equity package in the company as part of their total compensation.
Taking time off
We believe that rest unlocks creativity, so we encourage our employees to take advantage of our liberal PTO policies. Our employees take as much vacation as they want, when they want it, as long as they’re getting their work done.
Life at Disruptor Beam wouldn’t be the same without Super Smash Bros. at lunchtime, movie nights, Karaoke Fridays, our summer picnic and annual holiday party. These are a few ways that we like to celebrate and bond over common interests. Beverages are on hand for happy hours and product launches.
Work as a team
Disruptor Beam is highly collaborative. Every week brings new challenges, and every week we work together to meet them. (We also have plenty of fun together: hack days, happy hours, outings, workshops, lunches, and a lot of laughing.)
Disruptor Beam is headquartered in Framingham, MA, in the heart of Boston’s vibrant MetroWest area. Working here will provide you an abundance of activities to keep you excited and entertained.
Disruptor Beam at a glance
Disruptor Beam focuses on Mobile, Internet, Games, Social Games, and Communities. Their company has offices in Framingham. They have a small team that's between 11-50 employees. To date, Disruptor Beam has raised $8.17M of funding; their latest round was closed on October 2015.