Our vision is to bring gaming communities together
Consumer Product Marketing Manager
Discord is growing fast and we’re building an outstanding product marketing organization to help shape and scale our product. The product marketing team sits at the center of our users and our product and plays an important part in how our company grows and evolves. We’re a passionate, smart, and kind group of people who need more experts to continue making Discord the best place to talk.
We’re looking for a consumer product marketer who shares our passion for fun and play and wants to join us in adding enthusiasm to the team as we continue to bring Discord to more and more users globally.
You’ll launch new consumer-facing features and updates, helping identify new growth opportunities for the product roadmap, and supporting the development of a clear position for Discord products to grow their utility, value, and delight with all kinds of users. You will report to the Director of Product Marketing.
What you'll be doing
- Work with our product, creative and brand teams, to help bring the Discord for consumers narrative to life with every feature and product launch
- Support and build programs geared to increase awareness and adoption of new consumer-facing features and updates
- Build and brief all cross-functional partners with GTM plans and goals
- Deliver launch reports - including sentiment analysis, insights, and metrics as outlined in the GTM goals. Lead post-mortems
- Contribute towards research around product and feature positioning for new audience segments
- Validate and support building a consumer narrative and marketing plan for new audience segments to help educate and create awareness around Discord’s platform
What you should have
- Love for cross-functional collaboration every day, and experience working in this capacity
- Curiosity to learn and a desire to act and get (all kinds of) things done!
- 3+ years of consumer product marketing experience in tech, with social products, technologies, and platforms
- Affinity towards quantitative and qualitative data with an analytical background
- Incredible resourcefulness and empathy to guide teams toward agreement and decisions
- Experience with marketing execution and consistency, including managing and scaling products globally
- Experience in gaming or understanding of gaming landscape
- Experience with online communities, user privacy, platform trust and safety
- Passion for Discord and belief in our mission
- Product development/management or product design experience
- Research design or user research experience
- Additional marketing experience in branding, media, partnerships, or communications
- Marketing experience working with creative or partner agencies
- Experience working at or with startups
Benefits and Perks
- Medical insurance including Health, Dental, Vision
- 13 paid holidays
- Unlimited sick days
- Parental Leave and fertility benefits
- Supported-employee clubs and Employee Resource Groups
- Commuter Contributions of $270 a month (pretax)
- Daily lunches and unlimited snacks
- Monthly gym and fitness stipend
Friends, coworkers, gamers, nerds, moms, dads, engineers, designers, marketers, support. Originally, we created Discord to help people come together around games. It's been amazing to watch it grow into what it is today - a place where millions of diverse communities exist and people connect with old friends and new. Diversity and inclusiveness are a critical part of how we get to what's next. We believe that with diversity comes a better product, better decisions, and a better work environment. As we continue to grow, our values keep us dedicated to building a company that is representative of the world we live and play in.
Discord is an equal opportunity employer committed to promoting an inclusive work environment free of discrimination and harassment. We value diversity, inclusion, and aim to provide a sense of belonging for everyone.
We take care of our team with comprehensive Medical (HMO or PPO), Dental, and Vision plans at no cost for employees.
Basic Life & AD&D, Disability, Supplemental Life, and Accident insurance.
Paid leave for new parents to spend some quality time with the next generation of gamers!
Take a load off
Stay refreshed with 14 paid holidays, use-what-you-need sick days, and four weeks of PTO.
Awesome daily catered lunches and snacks. A desk fund to make your space yours. Whatever you need for your computer setup, including a headphone allowance.
It’s fitness time
Workout on us! A fitness allowance for your gym membership or favorite workout class. Yoga in office every Thursday.
Fully subsidized commuter and parking benefit (up to $265/month). Get over here!
Our office is located in Potrero Hill, a little neighborhood in SF near awesome coffee, food, and Whole Foods. Also sushi.
Excellent customized relocation packages for new hires.
Discord at a glance
Discord focuses on Video Games, Messaging, and Chat. Their company has offices in San Francisco. They have a large team that's between 201-500 employees. To date, Discord has raised $378.2M of funding; their latest round was closed on June 2020 at a valuation of $3.5B.