Our vision is to bring gaming communities together
Developer Product Marketing Manager
Discord is growing fast and we’re building an outstanding product marketing organization to help shape and scale our product. The product marketing team sits at the center of our users and our product and plays an important part in how we grow and evolve. We’re a passionate, smart, and kind group of people who need more experts to continue making Discord the best place to talk.
As part of this we’re looking for an experienced, technical product marketer who can help build and shape our relationships with developers and third parties working to integrate with our platform. We have a great developer ecosystem ranging from game publishers, bot/app creators, to large tech companies who integrate into Discord to create amazing experiences for our users. We need someone who’s comfortable working with our business development team to excite the developer community and has the technical expertise to work directly with our product and engineering teams to build and scale these integrations. You will work closely with and report into our Senior Product Marketing Manager.
What you'll be doing
- Work with our business development, creative and brand teams, to tell the Discord for Developers narrative; build and promote the “brand voice” for our developer and integration partner community through our owned channels
- Advise ongoing product roadmap planning with user insights, competitive landscape, and risk assessment
- Support and build programs geared to increase adoption for our existing tools within the developer ecosystem, including our open API, Rich Presence, and GameSDK
- Create product and feature positioning and communication plans for new features geared at our developer partners
- Build consumer narrative and marketing to help educate and create awareness around new integrations to end-users
What you should have
- 4+ years of developer product marketing experience in tech, preferably with social products, technologies, and platforms
- Experience working with business development teams and third parties to build product integrations; experience working directly with or for game publishers a plus
- Comfortable with ambiguity and building new marketing and product plans from the ground up
- Experience with marketing execution and consistency, including building and scaling products globally
- Experience guiding cross functional teams on projects and driving decision making
- Passion for Discord and belief in our mission
- Experience working directly with or for game publishers
- Product development/management or product design experience
- Additional marketing experience in branding, media, partnerships, or communications
- Consumer product marketing experience
- Partner marketing or B2B marketing experience
- Entrepreneurial or start-up background
Benefits and Perks
- Medical insurance including Health, Dental, Vision
- 13 paid holidays
- Unlimited sick days
- Parental Leave and fertility benefits
- Transgender benefits
- Supported-employee clubs and Employee Resource Groups
- Commuter Contributions of $270 a month (pre-tax)
- Daily lunches and unlimited snacks
- Monthly gym and fitness stipend
Friends, coworkers, gamers, nerds, moms, dads, engineers, designers, marketers, support. Originally, we created Discord to help people come together around games. It's been amazing to watch it grow into what it is today - a place where millions of diverse communities exist and people connect with old friends and new. Diversity and inclusiveness are a critical part of how we get to what's next. We believe that with diversity comes a better product, better decisions, and a better work environment. As we continue to grow, our values keep us dedicated to building a company that is representative of the world we live and play in.
Discord is an equal opportunity employer committed to promoting an inclusive work environment free of discrimination and harassment. We value diversity, inclusion, and aim to provide a sense of belonging for everyone.
We take care of our team with comprehensive Medical (HMO or PPO), Dental, and Vision plans at no cost for employees.
Basic Life & AD&D, Disability, Supplemental Life, and Accident insurance.
Paid leave for new parents to spend some quality time with the next generation of gamers!
Take a load off
Stay refreshed with 14 paid holidays, use-what-you-need sick days, and four weeks of PTO.
Awesome daily catered lunches and snacks. A desk fund to make your space yours. Whatever you need for your computer setup, including a headphone allowance.
It’s fitness time
Workout on us! A fitness allowance for your gym membership or favorite workout class. Yoga in office every Thursday.
Fully subsidized commuter and parking benefit (up to $265/month). Get over here!
Our office is located in Potrero Hill, a little neighborhood in SF near awesome coffee, food, and Whole Foods. Also sushi.
Excellent customized relocation packages for new hires.
Discord at a glance
Discord focuses on Video Games, Messaging, and Chat. Their company has offices in San Francisco. They have a large team that's between 201-500 employees. To date, Discord has raised $378.2M of funding; their latest round was closed on June 2020 at a valuation of $3.5B.