Machine Learning for direct and social selling
Principal Data Scientist$50k – $110k • 0.25% – 1.0%
DirecTech Labs is hiring a Principal Data Scientist to join its remote team (You can be ANYWHERE in the WORLD)! This role will play an integral part in the creation, growth and nurture of our new predictive analytics startup. You'll have a chance to drive the implementation and rollout of our data analytics platform to the $186B Direct Selling Industry. You will be a key member on our team of data scientists and will own a portion of our product to deliver our data analytics platform.
We are looking for a mixture between a statistician, machine learning expert and engineer with an interest in predictive analytics and an ability to clearly communicate their ideas and findings in a comprehensive but digestible way to business persons and IT alike: someone who has passion for building data products and services. The ideal candidate understands human behavior and knows what to look for in the data and understands how behavior integrates in what’s seen in the numbers and can communicate thoughts clearly.
If you're a scrappy builder backed by deep data analytics experience and looking to play a key, pivotal role within a startup, this individual contributor role is for you.
● You have a MS in Statistics, Machine Learning, or Predictive Analytics from a Tier 1 University
● You have 8+ years creating predictive models using advance machine learning techniques
● You have proven work examples of turning significant amounts of data into informative/insightful actions through various statistical techniques that turn into explosive and accurately measured business results
● You have an expert command of statistical analysis, algorithm development, and state-of-the-art tools and methodologies for data science
● You have previous experience building advanced ML algorithms for prediction of churn, predicting the future lifetime value of a person, predicting future customer behavior and predicting upsell/cross sell opportunities
● Proficiency in methods in analytics and data science algorithms including decision trees, probability networks, association rules, clustering, regression, and neural networks.
● You have an expert command of SQL and Python as applied to data science with experience
● You have excellent communication and presentation skills to be able to manage expectations both up, down and outside the organization
● You don't shy away from a challenge, are curious and looking to make a big impact
● You are comfortable wearing multiple hats and aren’t afraid to get your hands dirty
● You know how to spot an issue (technical or interpersonal) and can tactfully and effectively resolve it before pressure starts to build
Bonus Points if:
● You already have experience in the direct sales industry, gig economy company or another account based industry (insurance, real estate, etc…)
● You know that game theory is more than just “Points” and loyalty programs.
What You'll Do:
● Gather, evaluate and document business requirements, translate to data science solution definition, and then implement solutions using such tools and languages as SageMaker, Jupyter Notebooks, Spark, Tensor Flow and Python.
● Analyze all data from all available sources (e.g. behavioral, sales, performance, social) to identify and inform Product and Customer Experience teams areas of opportunity for product performance insights, optimization and future features.
● Leverage your statistical and computational knowledge to design and build algorithms to solve challenging problems.
● Ability to design and build an end-to-end prototype data science solution to a business problem
● Build a behavioral profile and segmentation model aggregating personal attributes, psychologic attributes, past and predicted future behaviors to create customer genomes.
What You'll Get:
● An amazing company culture that encourages creativity, personal growth, work/life balance, fun and teamwork.
● The chance to work for a “data” company building “data” products.
● Working with "A Players" across the organization.
● A stocked fridge with a bounty of snacks and drinks.
● Huge opportunity to build something from the ground up for an industry who is begging for a solution.
● Competitive salary, fully paid health benefits and paid vacation in the business you help create!
Employment Type: Full-Time - REMOTE ANYWHERE IN THE WORLD