We create digital products that support global development efforts
Applications Engineer$67k – $72k
Please apply using the following link:
Dimagi was born from the belief that there’s a better way to provide services to those in need. Our mission is to create digital products that support global development efforts and help accelerate the end of extreme poverty. CommCare, our mobile data collection platform, is designed to improve data collection and the quality of frontline services in low-resource settings around the world. We work across various sectors with organizations of all sizes providing mobile solutions that put end-users first. Working with partners that include the Bill & Melinda Gates Foundation, USAID, CARE International, and the World Bank, Dimagi has successfully implemented CommCare and supported 2,000 projects across 80 countries. Dimagi is a certified Benefit Corporation and leading social enterprise, working since 2002 towards our commitment to making an impact.
About the position:
Dimagi is looking for an Applications Engineer to join our Solutions team. Dimagi’s technology is being utilized for the COVID-19 response, and we are seeking someone who wants to use their technical background to get things done and find solutions to complex problems to help in this response.
This position will be based out of our Cambridge, MA office but is also open to** remote employment within the US. This role is a *12-month fixed-term** position with the option for converting to a permanent status pending re-evaluation of requirements at the end of the contract.
The Solutions team helps to bridge the in-depth domain-knowledge of our partners and field team with the power of our technology platform. You’ll have the opportunity to work directly with partners in the field on national-scale health projects, alongside our product team driving requirements on the next generation of our tools, and with our software team translating real-world experience to design.
You’ll develop a deep understanding of our software platform and push the boundaries of what CommCare can do. That experience and training will help you to design the architecture, best practices, and design patterns that our field teams apply to their work. You’ll work with our world-class services team to help them adopt those patterns and build Dimagi’s global capacity
- Implement advanced CommCare app features for Dimagi projects which require platform expertise and a high level of technical competency
- Provide early-stage design support to projects to scope the value and risk of complex technical components
- Develop, document, and champion best practices with our field teams for application deployment and release for large projects
- Provide product feedback and technical requirements to the tech team to inform the design of advanced features for the platform
- Work with Dimagi’s support team to backstop issues requiring in-depth knowledge of the platform. Develop tools and procedures to build capacity in the support team to resolve complex problems independently
Skills and Requirements:
- Bachelor’s degree in computer science, engineering or an equivalent technical field and 2+ years of experience in a professional technical role, OR
- 5+ years of experience in a professional technical role
- Able to build an understanding of the scope of a (non-technical) problem and adapt novel technological solutions to it
- Aptitude and self-direction to quickly learn new technical systems
- Capacity to seek out, identify, and interpret unfamiliar technical components (configuration files, Http response, etc.) to identify and address problems
- Strong debugging skills
- Strong oral and written communication skills
- Ability to coordinate with and work within teams across multiple geographies
- Reliable, self-directed, and resourceful
- Eligible to work in the United States
We aim to make a difference, not just as a company, but as an employer as well. The benefits we offer are geared towards having a strong impact on our staff’s well being. A few of our key benefits are outlined below:
- 100% employer-sponsored medical insurance paired with a generous Health Reimbursement Account (HRA) fund
- Access to voluntary dental and vision insurance plans
- A 401K plan with up to a 4% employer match
- 30 days paid time off inclusive of holidays
- Unlimited sick time, excellent parental leave policy, and a strong focus on work-life balance
- Access to a flex-time policy that allows employees to work based on a flexible work schedule
- Access to an Employee Assistance Program (EAP) through Magellan Healthcare
- 10 personal initiative days
- Occasional opportunities to travel internationally
Dimagi is an Equal Opportunity Employer. We celebrate and support diversity and are committed to providing a work environment that is inclusive and free of discrimination and harassment. All employment decisions are based on individual qualifications without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, family or parental status, veteran, or disability status.
Please apply using the following link:
100% employer sponsored medical insurance
Dimagi pays 100% of health insurance premiums for employees and their dependents.
Cambridge,MA - Vision Insurance is optional and paid through pre-tax payroll deductions
Cambridge, MA - Dental insurance is available for employees to purchase. Cape Town, South Africa - Dental insurance is included as part of the health plan
Paid parental leave
12 weeks of paid leave for primary caregivers and 6 weeks of paid leave for non-primary caregivers.
Dimagi is flexible about work locations - you're able to work from home, or a coffee shop, or wherever you feel you'll be most comfortable and productive
Generous vacation time
30 paid vacation days inclusive of public holidays. Unlimited Sick days.
Employee assistance plan
Provided through Magellan this benefit includes a package of services, tools and resources to help staff and their household members meet daily challenges and get assistance for more difficult situations.
Personal initiative days
10 paid personal initiative days for professional development.
Dimagi covers all employees for medical and evacuation insurance on business trips