Education and Entertainment for Family Media Collections
Full stack developer$60k – $90k • 0.0% – 5.0%
Our process relies upon the ability to efficiently manage both the physical and digital artifacts of a family media collection. We have developed a responsive web application with a serverless architecture for managing the digital archive of a collection, used by both Digitree employees to curate collections and by Digitree's customers to access their media collections online.
We are looking for a full-stack developer to join our team and continue to find ways to improve the efficiency of our processing and to provide our customers with a joyful experience as they reconnect with their family's history through their collection.
• Ability to develop both front-end user interfaces in React, and to implement backend services atop AWS.
• Understanding of security best practices. Our customers entrust their precious memories to us, and it's our responsibility to keep them safe and secure.
• Ability to prioritize development efforts based on business needs. You will work directly with the founders to agree upon and implement the app's features.
• A track record of being able to estimate accurately the time it will take to implement a feature and to hit the goals for each milestone.
• A desire to continue to improve your skills and knowledge over time. Lifelong learning is a core value at Digitree.
Nice to Haves:
• Familiarity with Functional Programming practices. We believe that the FP style results in code that's easier to read, reason about, and test.
• Familiarity or experience with Graph Databases. We're not just storing pixels here; we want to help a family understand and navigate their history, and we intend to help build a rich Knowledge Graph for each family.
Technologies we're using today:
• Semantic UI
• GraphQL (Apollo Client)
• AWS services:
o Cognito User Pools / Identity Pools
o API Gateway
Languages we use:
Digitree.com at a glance
Digitree.com focuses on Entertainment, Digital Entertainment, Archiving, Education Technology, and Artificial Neural Networks. Their company has offices in Washington DC. They have a small team that's between 1-10 employees.
You can view their website at http://digitree.com