Technology company serving the needs of the research and scientific community
Account Executive, Corporate$60k – $140k
Based in USA or Europe (ideally UK, Germany, Netherlands, Spain or Denmark)
ReadCube develops software to make the world of research more accessible and connected - serving researchers, publishers, academic and commercial organizations. ReadCube Papers’ newly launched web, desktop, and mobile reference management apps, dramatically transform the way millions of researchers find, organize, read, share, cite and access research literature at 4500+ research institutions worldwide.
ReadCube is supported by Digital Science, a technology company serving the needs of scientific and research communities, at the laboratory bench or in a research setting. It invests in and incubates scientific software companies that simplify the research cycle, making more time for discovery.
More about the role:
The corporate market is the fastest-growing segment for our business - and we are just scratching the surface. You'd be joining as a key member of our rapidly expanding Enterprise/Corporate Sales team reporting into the Chief Commercial Officer.
To succeed in this role, you need to be sales-driven yet have a strong customer focus. You like selling innovative technologies that solve your customer's challenges. You have a knack for identifying the right decision-makers and influencers as well as have the courage to ask the right questions along the way. You have excellent communication skills - you know what to say and more importantly, how to say it. You like being involved and exposed to other areas of the business and participate in broader product / strategic discussions to grow the business. You can see yourself thriving in a smaller team with a phenomenal product, big ideas, and a track record of proven success.
What we need you to do:
- Identify and qualify opportunities for Readcube Papers’ enterprise literature management, collaboration tools, and document-delivery solutions
- Communicate the value of our enterprise and coporate services to customers, both at the technical and business level;
- Manage a pipeline of inbound and self-sourced leads to identify, engage, and develop relationships
- Meet or exceed your quarterly and annual sales quota on a consistent basis
- Working with marketing and inside sales team to drive lead generation and awareness
- Be proactive in communicating with the extended Readcube team around all aspects of client and opportunity status & development – and ask for help when you need it
- Other day-to-day tasks: will include developing and successfully implementing your segment sales strategy, following up on leads and opportunities, providing sales presentations and demos to help close opportunities, keeping Salesforce up to date, and developing client proposals and contracts.
What you bring to ReadCube:
- SAAS software sales experience as an inside or outside representative with a demonstrated history to consistently meet or exceed performance targets
- A demonstrated ability to build and manage complex customer relationships
- A demonstrated ability to manage complex sales cycles
- A demonstrated ability and background in communicating/positioning software technology
- Exceptional presentation skills
- Excellent organizational/project management skills.
- Sense of urgency necessary to meet goals, objectives, and deadlines
- Experience building and growing a territory
- A minimum of 2 years selling software in the scientific and research enterprise/corporate space – this can include verticals such as biotech, pharma, labs, and research Institutes
- An understanding of the technology used and required in the scientific and research enterprise/corporate space.
What we offer you:
An opportunity to build new ways of working and make a difference in a growing business. As well as;
Start-up environment and mindset that values innovation, initiative, and energy
Competitive salary in line with market rate
The opportunity to work flexibly or from home where feasible
A good benefits package.
Digital Science at a glance
Digital Science focuses on Software, Researchers, University And Educational Institutions, Academic , and Federal Government. Their company has offices in Europe, United Kingdom, Cambridge, and Usa, Belarus. They have a large team that's between 201-500 employees.
You can view their website at http://www.digital-science.com