Office Manager / Event Coordinator$60k – $90k
Desmos’s mission is to help every student learn math and love learning math. We do that by building best-in-class products, used by tens of millions of students around the world. Our success all stems from building a diverse, multi-talented, distributed team and setting up systems to make sure that everyone can do their best work.
We’re looking for an Office Manager / Event Coordinator to oversee our San Francisco office, our remote team, and the events that keep our team humming. This multifaceted role will cover everything from keeping the office stocked and maintained, welcoming new hires, working with local contractors, attending conferences, coordinating travel, planning internal & external events, and more.
What you should show up ready to teach anyone on your first day:
- How to build and maintain an office environment that is welcoming, warm, and conducive to people doing their best work.
- How to plan an event, from conception to execution.
- How to coordinate smooth travel and accommodations for both individuals and large groups.
- Tips for hiring a vendor that’s high-quality, high-value, and will provide us with the best experience.
What you’ll learn more about after you’re hired:
- Our company culture, including what it means to be a remote-first company.
- The daily routines that keep our San Francisco office running.
- The internal and external events we plan both in the Bay Area and across the country, including team offsites, conferences, and teacher training days.
- The tools we use to stay connected as a team spread across many time zones.
Within your first week, you’ll:
- Introduce yourself on Slack to your new co-workers!
- Attend a welcome dinner to spend some time with the team.
- Modify your first catering order, restock office supplies & snacks, and ship a package of t-shirts.
- Be looped into the planning of our upcoming team offsite.
Within your first month, you’ll:
- Supervise the receipt and distribution of mail and package deliveries.
- Book a vendor and/or venue for an upcoming team event.
- Coordinate team travel and accommodations for office visits and team events.
- Send a celebration package to a team member for a birthday or work anniversary.
Within your first three months, you’ll:
- Manage logistics for on-site interviews, ensuring that each candidate has the best possible interview experience at our office.
- Help coordinate and attend our preconference for NCTM’s (National Council of Teachers of Mathematics) Annual Meeting in Chicago.
- Oversee office equipment (e.g., computers, monitors, etc.) ordering and distribution to both in-office and remote team members.
- Work closely with the Head of Human Resources to onboard new employees.
Within your first year, you’ll:
- Plan our fall company offsite from brainstorming to execution in collaboration with other team members.
- Help coordinate and attend your first Desmos Fellowship Weekend at our office in San Francisco.
- Make an impact in our office culture by improving our office workspace aesthetically and functionally.
- Take a vacation to recharge. We do our best work when we’re happy and well-rested.