Simple and powerful collaborative tools for new media creators
Software Engineer - Full Stack
Our vision is to build the next generation platform to enable easy and fast creation of audio and video content powered by cutting-edge AI. Building a revolutionary way to record, transcribe, edit and mix spoken audio and video comes with a series of unique challenges and requires solving hard and complex problems.
As a core member of the engineering team you'll play an integral role in:
- Inventing an interaction paradigm that applies the intuitive simplicity of word processing to audio and video production
- Pioneering use of Web technologies to deliver a high- performance professional creative tool that's traditionally been the domain of native desktop applications
- Introducing real-time collaborative workflows to audio/video production, where individual projects can be in the tens or hundreds of gigabytes
- Applying machine learning and artificial intelligence concepts that are currently relegated to academic research departments to the editing and synthesis of audio and video
- Own building and shipping new features across all levels of the stack (frontend and backend)
- Collaborate with product and design teams on crafting great user experiences
- Write high-quality testable code that's functional, long term maintainable and performant
- BS or higher (e.g., MS or PhD) in Computer Science or related technical field involving coding
- 2+ years of professional software development experience
- Strong CS fundamentals and experience with web technologies (HTML/JS/CSS) and REST APIs
- Self aware of strengths and seeking to constantly learn and improve
- Strong written and verbal communication
Descript is the special company that's in possession of both product market fit and the raw materials (passionate user community, great product, large market) for growth, but is still early enough that each new employee has a measurable influence on the direction of the company. We rely on self starters who do their best work when given the freedom to translate the company's high level goals into their day-to-day priorities.
Benefits include equity, a generous healthcare package, catered lunches, and unlimited vacation time.