Manage shifts, record work hours and lead successful teams. from any device, for any business
Software Engineer in Test
At Deputy we’re on a mission to change the way the world works & we are looking for fantastic people to help us do that.
Deputy is a SaaS Workforce Management Product company. HQ'd in Sydney (AU), with offices in London (UK), Atlanta and San Francisco (USA). We’ve helped hundreds of thousands of people across all industries in 70+ countries save time and money managing their hourly workforce so they can focus on what they do best, and be amazing.
This role is remote for the remainder of 2020, & until it is safe to return to the office.
Due to Deputy's success and growth around the world and our goal to deliver faster with high quality, we're seeking a Software Engineer in Test to ensure we keep growing into an extraordinary team delivering more of what our customers love.
You will focus on the efficient and effective development of Deputy's product and services, ensure we release the highest quality software quickly and push the team to be world class. You will be key to driving a quality centric, rapid iteration culture.
You will have a growth mindset and always be on the lookout for better ways to do things. This is an amazing opportunity for you to be at the forefront of creating a world-class delivery and development function.
WHAT YOU'LL DO
- Architect and build robust, scalable, and high-quality test automation solutions for functional, regression and performance testing
- Build and maintain tooling to facilitate testing across environments
- Implement strategies and tools to measure and report on coverage
- Test for scalability, reliability, consistency, and performance
- You'll write White-Box tests (component and Integration) and Black-Box tests (API, UI and E2E)
- You will define test plans, test specifications, test suites, and test cases
- You'll work with your team to ensure extensive unit test coverage of the code
- Partner with other engineers (including developers) to improve and automate test and release processes
- Contribute to the team’s effectiveness and efficiency through setting an example of best development practices
- Communicate with product and technical stakeholders
HOW YOU'LL DO IT
- You will be an exceptional communicator with an emphasis on collaboration with others
- You work with Engineers, Product Managers, and Discipline Heads to drive the software development process toward quality-centric methodologies
- You have the utmost integrity, be open and honest, have a growth mindset and not be afraid to speak your mind when it is in the best interest of Deputy
- You're balanced, both personally and professionally, who acts with good humour and positivity
- Consistently question the value of what we are doing and why we are doing it. Is this the right thing for Deputy?
- Be a customer advocate
WHAT YOU'LL NEED
- Ideally 4+ years software engineering experience in an agile environment
- Experience with setting up test frameworks, automation tools, static and dynamic code analysis from scratch.
- Passion for test infrastructure and CI/CD with Jenkins.
- Experience working with large-scale cloud-based environments – AWS, Google Cloud, Azure, etc.
- Experience with API (REST Web Services) automation and microservices.
- Quick learner with passion for keeping abreast of latest technology and finding the best approach to solving testing problems
- You have a combination of in-depth knowledge of Quality Assurance and Software Engineering principles and practices
Paternity/maternity leave policies
Flexible work policy
Food/ drinks/ snacks
Mental health support
Deputy at a glance
Deputy focuses on Mobile, SaaS, Messaging, Human Resources, and Software. Their company has offices in Atlanta, London, and Sydney. They have a large team that's between 201-500 employees. To date, Deputy has raised $136M of funding; their latest round was closed on November 2018.
You can view their website at https://www.deputy.com/