Break free from data bottlenecks
Software Development Engineer in Test - Python
Delphix is the industry leader in DataOps and provides an intelligent data platform that accelerates digital transformation for leading companies around the world. The Delphix DataOps Platform supports a broad spectrum of systems—from mainframes to Oracle databases, ERP applications, and Kubernetes containers. Delphix supports a comprehensive range of data operations to enable modern CI/CD workflows and automates data compliance for privacy regulations, including GDPR, CCPA, and the New York Privacy Act.
In addition, Delphix helps companies sync data from private to public clouds, accelerating the journey to the cloud and the adoption of disruptive AI technologies. In a world where every company is becoming a data company, Delphix provides a critical platform to enable data-driven transformation.
At Delphix, we are solving hard technical problems, have great mentorship, and have an amazing engineering-driven culture. Delphix Engineering is a team of extraordinary problem-solvers who don’t just code: they drive end-to-end product strategy and delivery. Engineers are empowered to fundamentally drive the future of the company. We’ve built a culture where everyone voices good ideas and feels a sense of ownership over what the team builds. Engineers have the freedom to identify customer problems, articulate solutions, and drive end-to-end execution of projects and strategy. Our team is built to mentor and support engineers in their growth as innovators and leaders. Our processes and leaders help others find and establish ownership of new projects, technical areas, and key product strategies. Delphix engineers are passionate in their pursuit of new opportunities to learn and grow and relish the opportunity to share their knowledge and experience with others. The Role
At Delphix, quality comes first, and our QA team is the guardian of that quality. The QA team partners closely with project teams to define and execute test plans early in the development process. QA engineers at Delphix are well-versed in writing test automation in Python—from automating routine tests to building a robust automation infrastructure for scale and reliability.
- Analyze features and workflows to identify high-risk areas and design a test strategy with detailed test plan and test cases
- Design and implement test automation in Python, and plan the work required to achieve this
- Monitor and maintain test automation, across multiple platforms and configurations
- Run manual testing as required
- Design and build tools for effective and efficient testing and results monitoring
- Communicate results to multiple stakeholders as required
- Contribute as part of the engineering team on incoming customer escalation resolution
- 5+ years’ experience in Quality Assurance and Test Automation.
- 3+ years’ experience in object-oriented programming and scripting languages
- Minimum undergraduate college/university degree in computer science
- Ability to think clearly and articulate your vision to others of varying technical comprehension
- Ability to work a flexible schedule, across geographies to accommodate business needs
Great, but not required
- Experience mentoring and helping to strengthen teams
- Experience with other virtualization platforms such as VMware and KVM
- Experience in system administration
- Experience working with SQL databases (preferably Oracle)
- Experience working with enterprise software
- Experience working directly with customers on requirements as well as debugging and customization
- Previous experience writing automation frameworks in Python
- Deep understanding of file systems and operating systems
Healthcare & parental leave
Medical, dental, vision and life & disability insurance options and parental leave.
We offer FSA and HSA flexible spending programs.
401(k) retirement plan
Ability to contribute to a 401(k) Retirement Plan.
Employee friendly discretionary time off policy (US-based).
Receive reimbursement toward your public transportation commute costs.
Opportunity to enroll in various professional development courses.
Delphix at a glance
Delphix focuses on Databases, Software, Virtualization, Computers, and Application Performance Monitoring. Their company has offices in Palo Alto and Redwood City. They have a large team that's between 201-500 employees. To date, Delphix has raised $119.5M of funding; their latest round was closed on July 2015.