Break free from data bottlenecks
Senior Software Engineer—Data Privacy and Security - Remote
Delphix is the industry leader in DataOps and provides an intelligent data platform that accelerates digital transformation for leading companies around the world. The Delphix DataOps Platform supports a broad spectrum of systems—from mainframes to Oracle databases, ERP applications, and Kubernetes containers. Delphix supports a comprehensive range of data operations to enable modern CI/CD workflows and automates data compliance for privacy regulations, including GDPR, CCPA, and the New York Privacy Act.
In addition, Delphix helps companies sync data from private to public clouds, accelerating the journey to the cloud and the adoption of disruptive AI technologies. In a world where every company is becoming a data company, Delphix provides a critical platform to enable data-driven transformation.
The Delphix team is seeking engineers with a passion for data security to join our data masking engineering team. This position offers the opportunity to be one of the initial developers on an innovative greenfield product that will revolutionize Data Masking, and directly contribute to innovative new features for data privacy and security.
Delphix Masking provides a single platform to secure and deliver data across an enterprise, ensuring that sensitive information is protected and allowing data operators to centrally manage security policies and compliance requirements. Intelligent profiling automatically identifies sensitive data in source systems and algorithmic masking secures the data. Organizations around the world use our software to protect their sensitive information while rapidly and efficiently provisioning data.
- Design and implement large components of the product
- Deliver complex projects by defining structure in areas of uncertainty and identifying discrete deliverables
- Proactively help the team by establishing best practices, architecture, and mentoring others against them
- Build expertise and guide development or testing of a product area
- Consistently deliver high-quality architecture and design that both addresses near term technical needs and demonstrates long term maintainability
- Drive the creation of lasting contributions through new or improved functionality
- Rapidly respond to time-sensitive issues within multiple familiar software modules or subsystems, root causes issues, and proactively improves the robustness of individual features. Works directly with support, the field, and customers to collect relevant data to come up with solutions and/or workarounds on complex, critical customer problems.
- 3 to 5 years of experience in software engineering
- Excellent analytical and problem-solving skills
- Ability and desire to work in a fast-paced, test-driven, agile, collaborative, and iterative programming environment
- Ability to clearly articulate information with the appropriate technical depth
- A desire to build great products, learn new technical areas, and dive in wherever there is a need
- BS or MS in Computer Science
- Open to remote applicants from the Americas. The team is mostly located around Boston, Massachusetts, with some team members in separate remote locations.
Healthcare & parental leave
Medical, dental, vision and life & disability insurance options and parental leave.
We offer FSA and HSA flexible spending programs.
401(k) retirement plan
Ability to contribute to a 401(k) Retirement Plan.
Employee friendly discretionary time off policy (US-based).
Receive reimbursement toward your public transportation commute costs.
Opportunity to enroll in various professional development courses.
Delphix at a glance
Delphix focuses on Databases, Software, Virtualization, Computers, and Application Performance Monitoring. Their company has offices in Palo Alto and Redwood City. They have a large team that's between 201-500 employees. To date, Delphix has raised $119.5M of funding; their latest round was closed on July 2015.