Backend Engineering InternNo salary
Large online marketplaces like Amazon have trained consumers to expect products delivered to their doorsteps within 1-2 days at no extra cost. As a result, millions of sellers on other marketplaces are falling behind, unable to cost-effectively deliver products to their customers within 1-2 days. Deliverr's mission is to enable any seller, regardless of size, to delight their customers with fast and cost-effective fulfillment. We’re a group of engineers, product experts, customer champions and designers, looking for intelligent, driven and passionate people to help make our vision a reality. We’re based in the heart of San Francisco and backed by a leading silicon valley venture capital firm.
We’re looking for creators! If you are excited about building the backbone to deliver products everywhere in the world within two days - we’re looking for you.
What will you do:
- Reinvent fulfillment by designing, developing, testing, deploying, maintaining and improving pragmatic software .
- Manage individual project priorities, deadlines and deliverables.
- Be a full business owner: shape the foundation of the product and business that you work on.
- Actively learn new language, techniques, and methodologies.
- Contribute actively to code reviews and design reviews.
What we’re looking for:
- Currently enrolled in a degree program in Computer Science, similar technical field of study or equivalent practical experience.
- Insatiable Curiosity, Undying Passion and Ownership to take on hard real world problems.
- Someone who follows TDD or in general likes to write tests.
- Excellent communication skills in verbal and written English.
- Must be based in North America.
Bonus Points for:
- Prior experience in Supply Chain, Fulfillment, Logistics, Shipping and Warehouse technologies.
- Rich github or hackathon accolades or other ways you can show that you love to code.
- React and Redux for UI.
- Independent Service Oriented Architectures with services composed of:
- Java, Spring and MySQL RDS.
- Node, Typescript, MySQL RDS.
- DynamoDB for integration services
- SQS for queuing.
- We run on AWS.
Deliverr at a glance
Deliverr focuses on Logistics and Ecommerce. Their company has offices in San Francisco, Chicago, and Toronto. They have a mid-size team that's between 51-200 employees. To date, Deliverr has raised $70.1M of funding; their latest round was closed on February 2020.