Your favourite restaurants and takeaways, delivered to your door
When you first think about Deliveroo, you probably think of getting great food to your house in less than half an hour. Awesome right? But behind the scenes is the real story. This story is one of high growth, huge challenges and an enormous opportunity ahead of us.
We want to be the definitive food company - the app you go to any time you have a hunger pang. We are transforming the way people think about food. We’re a technology driven company at the forefront of the most rapidly expanding industry in the world, so come and join us for the ride.
What you'll be doing:
This is a leadership position, which will see you being part of Hong Kong's leadership team. You'll have ownership over Deliveroo's Commercial org, which consists for 35+ people, working across Business Development and Account Management and managing a portfolio of over three thousand restaurant partners. You will be joining one of the fastest growing start-ups globally, surrounded by a top-notch team of enthusiastic self-starters that are passionate about delivering a fantastic service and contributing to the exciting journey that Deliveroo is on.
You'll need to be an experienced people manager and leader who can always have development, progression and performance at the front of your mind. You'll be able to build solid relationships with all types of personalities in the F&B industry. Ultimately, you will be responsible for maintaining and expanding our market leadership and solidifying our restaurant relationships, having a direct impact on our P&L in Hong Kong.
More specifically, you will:
- Lead a team of 35+ people, focusing on their performance and development
- Make strategic, data driven decisions to grow Deliveroo's portfolio in Hong Kong
- Be the face of Deliveroo: lead meetings with high profile F&B groups for new business, renegotiations and relationship management
- Define and lead our business development and account management strategy in Hong Kong
- Build up Deliveroo’s image and reputation as an established and valued leader of the HK F&B industry
- Be a strategic thought partner to our key restaurant groups
- Challenge the way we do things and develop innovative solutions to drive our profitability
Skills you'll need:
For this role you need to be tenacious, sophisticated and have the following skill set:
- Demonstrable experience of leading large, successful teams (30+ people)
- Creative approach: you'll need to adapt your strategies for the diverse food & beverage market
- Strong sales skills and track record of business development success
- Strategic approach: you'll need to understand yours and your team's impact on the P&L
- Numbers driven approach: you'll work with the operations and strategy teams to understand what we focus on and change
- History of exceeding revenue targets
- Exhibit the ability to self-motivate
- Fluency in Cantonese and English
- Experience in a high-growth business environment or start-up a plus
- Knowledge of the restaurant industry is a plus
- Attractive compensation package
- Become one of the key employees of a fast-growing start-up changing the food delivery landscape
- Have a real impact on the direction of the business in Hong Kong
- Work with people who LOVE what they do
- Gym subsidy
- Friday lunches for the office. Did we mention how much we love food?
We believe a great workplace is one that represents the world we live in and how beautifully diverse it can be. That means we have no judgement when it comes to any one of the things that make you who you are - your gender, race, sexuality, religion or a secret aversion to coriander. All you need is a passion for (most) food and a desire to be part of one of the fastest growing start ups around.
Deliveroo at a glance
Deliveroo focuses on Food and Beverages, Marketplaces, Restaurants, Logistics, and Content Delivery. Their company has offices in London. They have a very large team that's between 1001-5000 employees. To date, Deliveroo has raised $1.532B of funding; their latest round was closed on May 2019.