Your favourite restaurants and takeaways, delivered to your door
Product Design Manager
Our mission is to become the definitive food company. The products and services we build change the way people interact with food, and product design is an integral part of that.
The product design discipline is part of the Content, Research & Design team, the team that defines how our customers, riders, restaurants and employees interact with Deliveroo’s products and services end to end. Based in London, our team has a global impact, with our work reaching customers in Singapore, riders in Amsterdam and restaurant kitchens in Paris.
Our Senior Design Managers help steer vision and strategy, and build great environments for people to do amazing work. They develop and recruit teams of world-class product designers and build teams with a clear sense of identity, purpose and passion. If that sounds like you, we’d love to chat!
On a day-to-day basis, you will:
- Recruit and build a world-class product design team
- Support your team members in their personal growth to build a cohesive and tight-knit culture
- Shape product strategy and vision together with your team and partners from across the company; such as Engineering, Product Management, Commercial and Operations
- Encourage and ensure world-class design execution for the products you look after by helping set standards and practices
- Help your team operate in a fast-moving, global environment by setting context and clearing the path for them to execute
- Drive and support cross-team initiatives that make the Content, Research & - Design practice at Deliveroo better - such as improving our hiring process, expanding our community presence, interviewing potential new team members, and much more
What you might work on
The products we work on are as diverse as the users we serve. During your time at Deliveroo you’ll be exposed to a number of very different areas, such as:
- Our Rider apps
- Products for our Restaurants
- Our suite of Consumer products
- Internal Tools to help us provide better customer service
- Design systems and tools
What you should bring
We value intellectual humility, an eagerness to learn, and the ability to move quickly while being pragmatic about your decisions. But above all else, we're looking for unique personalities with varied backgrounds that add something new to our team.
This role is for you if you:
- Love building teams and products from scratch, and enjoy making an impact in a fast-paced and highly fluid environment
- Have experience building and running high-performing product design teams consisting of at least 5 people
- Have a track record establishing great relationships and working with other disciplines, such as user research, content design, product management and engineering
- Are an excellent communicator - whether it’s about people, design or product, you bring a positive energy into any conversation you’re in and are able to get those around you excited around a shared purpose
- Are a caring, empathetic, humble mentor and coach. You care about developing your team, helping them overcome challenges, and helping nurture the future leaders of our team
- Are ok with international travel across all our 12 markets
- Have a great appetite (we love eating!)
- Have a good sense of humour!
You don’t need to have a degree to apply. What matters is you and how you bring out the best in others.
Deliveroo at a glance
Deliveroo focuses on Food and Beverages, Marketplaces, Restaurants, Logistics, and Content Delivery. Their company has offices in London. They have a very large team that's between 1001-5000 employees. To date, Deliveroo has raised $1.532B of funding; their latest round was closed on May 2019.