recording and analytics for behavioral health
Lead Full Stack Engineer$80k – $150k
PLEASE APPLY THROUGH OUR CAREER PAGE ONLY: https://careers.inwork.io/deliberate/career/0c7c2709-3bed-4c22-af02-36d0c9b17f0c
Role: Lead Full Stack Engineer
Compensation: mix of base and meaningful equity stake
Location: US-based, otherwise flexible / remote
We are seeking a lead engineer who can take charge of the development of our HIPAA-compliant cloud infrastructure, platform security and webapp. This means you will be developing and maintaining the platform most of your time and will lead and scale a larger team over time. You’re cloud-native and have experience managing the technical challenges of large sensitive data sets (ideally video) in AWS. You’ll be expected to incorporate strategic R&D efforts and prototypes into production-ready code and robust products.
As an early and critical team member, you’ll help set the strategic priorities and own the platform product roadmap. You will lay the technical foundation for the successful growth of our cloud infrastructure and user applications over the next 36 months.
At Deliberate, we value the unique perspectives provided by individuals with diverse backgrounds and are committed to hiring without bias against age, race, gender, disability, religion, sexual orientation, military service, or other protected status. We strongly encourage minorities, women, individuals with disabilities or other protected status to apply.
What we do
Deliberate AI is an early stage technology startup empowering behavioral and mental healthcare with AI for objective measures and actionable insights to improve patient outcomes. We are building a future where all behavioral healthcare is confidentially recorded and automatically analyzed.
Nearly one in five U.S. adults live with a mental illness (46.6 million in 2017), which has become the largest healthcare expense category in the U.S. with over $210 Bn spent each year. However, assessment options, treatment choices, and outcome tracking remain relatively unscientific.
We apply pioneering AI / Machine Learning methods for speech, face, and body movement analysis to improve diagnostics, objectively track progress and provide actionable insights for treatment. We provide products for clinical practice and clinical trials to ensure our customers can safely record, store and extract insights from their treatments -- all with the aim of improving outcomes and increasing access.
We believe in the power of diverse teams, not in superheroes. Our team contains a mix of clinical, machine learning and business experience. Most have advanced degrees, are affiliated with major academic institutions (including Stanford, Harvard, Carnegie Mellon and Oxford University) and have held senior roles in leading tech companies and startups.
Role dimensions / responsibilities
Architect and builder of technology:
- SDE: Develop, own and execute the product engineering roadmap for our infrastructure and platform / webapp.
- DevOps: Translate strategic R&D efforts and prototypes into production-ready code and robust products with automated testing environments.
- Security: Maintain and enhance a robust security and data privacy approach for our infrastructure and platform.
- Data Analytics: Integrate data processing pipelines in customer facing applications.
- Determine the engineering team structure and budget for the next 24 months.
- Recruit, manage, and engage junior engineers.
- Oversee product workflows including code reviews, documentation, and deployment processes.
- Engage with customer success and internal R&D to determine product roadmap and user experience priorities.
- Support customer operations in major client interactions.
- Substantial CS experience, especially with managing complex AWS environments and using structured SDE processes.
- Significant AWS knowledge and experience ideally complemented with formal (AWS) security certifications. (e.g. Transcribe, Rekognition, SageMarker, Lambda, Cloudfront, Cognito, RDS, GuardDuty, Inspector, KMS, Secrets Manager, etc.)
- History of rapidly building and deploying product.
- Experience using structured development methodologies (scrum, agile, etc.) and tools. (Gitlab, Jira, etc.)
- Experience processing, storing and displaying large amounts of video and privacy-sensitive data.
- Experience managing teams in product, systems, DevOps, or site reliability engineering positions.
- Experience developing and operating within HIPAA-HITECH is a plus.
Ethical awareness: You are acutely aware of the sensitivity of the data we help collect and manage, and how to safeguard its ethical use.
Open and Direct Communicator: You are transparent and forthright in your intentions, and communicate your needs and concerns timely and clearly. You have strong interpersonal skills to effectively deal with different points of view and potential conflicts.
Adaptability: You are comfortable working in a rapidly changing environment and are able to pivot when needed.
Confidently humble: You know that there are many things you don’t know, are comfortable communicating what you don’t know yet, and are confident that you can figure things out or ask for help when you need it. You “serve in a company of heroes.”
Explorer: You have a high degree of ambiguity tolerance and a bias to action, yet balance this effectively with a well-structured engineering process.
Deliberate AI at a glance
Deliberate AI focuses on Hardware, SaaS, Machine Learning, Artificial Intelligence, and Mental Health. Their company has offices in New York City, San Francisco Bay Area, and Boston. They have a small team that's between 1-10 employees.