Providing the service every homeowner wants for security and protection
kubernetes master - Senior DevOps Engineer$140k – $170k
About this Job
We are seeking awesome experienced (preferably 3+ years) Senior DevOps Engineer to join our small team in building a truly next-generation home security system utilizing all the killer bells and whistles: deep learning, on-edge embedded AI system, hybrid-cloud, big data, etc. We are a tight-knit, fast-paced, high energy start-up team. Our ideal candidate has a passion for architecture and code, a love for a fail-fast (and work freaking hard) engineering environment, and a hunger to learn and grow. We prefer raw-intelligence over syntax-excellence, ownership over silos. And coffee over water.
Because we are scaling our still small team, this role will design and implement the next generation infrastructure alongside with the rest of the engineers to support and scale deep sentinel technologies: deep learning development/tuning/integration, web services, embedded system programming, data pipeline management, streaming protocol hacking, packet packing/unpacking, data analysis, deployment/qa/continuous integration management.
Key elements of our stack are Python 3.6+ on (linux/android based) embedded systems and kubernetes cloud environment. Our favorite tools are github (of course), docker, google cloud platform, prometheus, and grafana. We use Jenkins for CI, and MySQL as well as postgreSQL for our RDBMS needs. We aren’t afraid to peel back the covers and work on our open-source components to patch them and we contribute back to the community whenever we can. We are also have a culture to rearchitect any of our existing stack when the scale or the business problem changes.
- Monitoring - Designing and implementing THE monitoring system to track all the embedded systems distributed across the entire nation, as well as our cloud infrastructure running in GCP. Recording and analyzing each piece of operational metrics from the cloud and edge devices and feeding back to the operations team so that we can deliver an even better user experience in each iteration.
- Alerting - Building alerting systems that filters out the on-edge devices that are in trouble so that our customer support team will be able to conduct proper handling even before our customers notice them.
- Cloud Operations - Architect the next generation of cloud operation infrastructure and operation toolkit to make sure that Deep Sentinel service is able to scale up to millions of users smoothly.
- Database And Storage - Dive into our binary storage and database operation, identify the key metrics, track them, also design the scaling strategy with our databases and storages.
- 3+ years of experience in DevOps Engineering, or you think you can do better job than those people who have experiences (even better)
- BS/MS in Computer Science, Computer Engineering or EE, or you don’t think you need those degrees at all (even better)
- Familiar with kubernetes, kubernetes on GCP or kubernetes on AWS.
- Familiar with database operation and binary storage operations.
- Familiar with metrics tracking and dashboarding stack like prometheus, grafana, elasticsearch, or kibana.
- The Start-Up mentality: The right candidate considers herself/himself to be a “get-er-done” type of person and is looking to have a huge impact at a small company. Hard work is a must, so the right person exudes positive life-giving energy from solving hard technical problems, working hands-on in the code and doing things other people consider impossible.
Gstreamer with python python + react + react native + data + deep learning + RTP + H264 + RTCP + WebRTC
Deep Sentinel at a glance
Deep Sentinel focuses on Security, Machine Learning, Consumer Electronics, and Computer Vision. Their company has offices in Pleasanton. They have a small team that's between 11-50 employees. To date, Deep Sentinel has raised $7.35M of funding; their latest round was closed on April 2017.