Providing the service every homeowner wants for security and protection
Senior Mobile/Front End Engineer$140k – $160k
We are seeking an awesome experienced (preferably 5+ years) Senior Software Engineer to join our small team in building a truly next-generation home security system utilizing all the killer bells and whistles: deep learning, on-edge embedded AI system, hybrid-cloud, big data, etc. We are a tight-knit, fast-paced, high energy start-up team. Our ideal candidate has a passion for code, a love for a fail-fast (and work freaking hard) engineering environment, and a hunger to learn and grow. We prefer raw-intelligence over syntax-excellence, ownership over silos. And coffee over water.
Key elements of our stack are Python 3.6+ on kubernetes cloud environment, React/Redux and React native on mobile. Our favorite tools are github (of course), docker and google cloud platform. We use Jenkins for CI, and MySQL for our (pretty minimal) RDBMS needs. We aren’t afraid to peel back the covers and work on our open-source components to patch them and we contribute back to the community whenever we can.
We are seeking an experienced developer and leader with a strong background in React/ React Native who can help drive our full-stack engineering effort. The selected candidate will be responsible for architecting, designing and building scalable, highly-performant, and innovative software. Some key areas of focus will be -
- Coding- Be very hands-on Design and build end-to-end software solutions with a strong UI focus.
- Ownershipand code quality - Own development tasks, conduct code reviews, and help manage cross-team dependencies.
- Testing and Integration- Drive efficient and effective processes and tools for development, testing, continuous integration, and deployment
- Collaboration- Work with backend, mobile developers, hardware engineers, data scientists, and CUSTOMERS (yes, you got it right) to polish the existing awesomeness and build new features to build new features.
Experience & Qualifications
- Experience with React Native and iOS or Android development.
- 2+ years in a senior technical role.
- Proven track record of delivering highly-performant and scalable software solutions, and commitments to customers.
- Demonstrable knowledge and implementation of modern 3rd party tools, frameworks and APIs (both open-source and paid) to drive efficiency, performance and robustness to our software solutions.
- Experience building responsive and cross-browser compatible web applications with a strong UI focus
- Knowledge of best practices & patterns for large scale web applications.
- Experienced in a collaborative fast-paced agile development environment.
- Excellent communication skills; superior organizational and analytical skills.
- BS/BA degree in Computer Science, Software Engineering or other Technical Discipline or equivalent professional experience.
About Deep Sentinel
Deep Sentinel is a pioneer in AI and Human-based home protection. We deter criminals and prevent crime before it takes place with next-gen Artificial Intelligence and 24/7 Human Surveillance. With Deep Sentinel, Americans can gain a reliable, cost-effective way to protect their homes and stop a burglary, mail theft or driveway break-in before it happens – and feel dramatically safer at home.
Based in Pleasanton, CA, Deep Sentinel was started by an experienced tech-entrepreneur (with a multi-$billion in sales unicorn under his belt), with top-tier backing, awesome advisors and a huge market opportunity.
Job Type: Full-time
- Front End Development: 5 years (Required)
- React Native: 2 years (Preferred)
- Python: 2 years (Preferred)
- Senior technical role: 2 years (Preferred)
- React: 5 years (Required)
Pleasanton, CA 94566 (Preferred)
United States (Required)
- Paid time off
- Parental leave
- Health insurance
- Dental insurance
- Healthcare spending or reimbursement accounts such as HSAs or FSAs
- Flexible schedules
Deep Sentinel at a glance
Deep Sentinel focuses on Security, Machine Learning, Consumer Electronics, and Computer Vision. Their company has offices in Pleasanton. They have a small team that's between 11-50 employees. To date, Deep Sentinel has raised $7.35M of funding; their latest round was closed on April 2017.