A venture studio offering founders the tools they need to launch, scale, and succeed
UI/UX Designer$50k – $70k • 0.1% – 0.25%
About Decent Labs
Decent Labs is a growing technology company with offices in Miami, Austin, and Atlanta. We partner with early stage startups and take on all aspects of product development, including branding, UI/UX design, and software development. We are a new kind of company, called a venture studio, that offers startups the leadership of an accelerator, resources of a development firm, and incentive structure of a venture fund.
About The Role
As a UI/UX designer, you’ll aid creatives in existing projects and help shape the user experience for brand new products. You’ll ensure your projects run smoothly, have great interpersonal skills and confidence handling and delivering client-facing work. You’ll take an active role communicating and delivering great results.
- Work closely with Sales and Project Management to understand business requirements and translate them into client deliverables such as
- Information Architecture
- User Stories
- User Journey
- Wear multiple hats with ease across the following areas:
- UX Analyst / Researcher
- Information Architecture
- Visual Design
- Turn complex business requirements into working interfaces that are appealing to our clients and their end users
- Collaborate with UI/UX Lead and Branding Lead on creating client deliverables and seeing them through to developer handoff
- Create both low and high fidelity prototypes that communicate user journey and showcase visual design and can act as reference to both client and developers
- Execute visual UI design tasks
- Work with teams to understand business needs and create user stories to reflect them
- Implement various interfaces using strict brand guidelines
- Manage design schedules and tasks
- Effectively communicate road blocks and breakthroughs to the team to manage client expectations
- You’re experienced building and shipping different categories of products in the software industry: web applications, native mobile applications, and everything in between
- You’re experienced working with Figma (or Sketch) for UI/UX design
- You are designer with a strong digital culture who knows when to be picky and when to be pragmatic when each approach is needed
- You're empathetic, patient, and teach others about design principles in order to help the team build great products and resolve implementation challenges as they come up
- You enjoy pixel perfect implementations of your designs, and teach the team about what makes great design great
- Experience working on all levels of UI and UX design
- Expert knowledge of Adobe CS, Figma, Sketch, InVision, etc.
- Excellent communication and time management skills
- Excitement about proactively contributing to the growth of Decent Labs
- Ability to meet deadlines and collaborate with a team
- Superb knowledge of UX product design processes and web design
- The work you have done is more important to us than your diploma
- Bonus points for the following:
- Experience presenting to stakeholders from concept to delivery
- Comfortable working with code (namely, HTML, CSS, and JS)
- Motion design in After Effects
Decent Labs Benefits & Perks
In addition to working with exciting new startups and cutting edge technologies, Decent Labs offers the following benefits to all team members:
- Health, dental, and vision insurance
- Two weeks of real, heads down, no Slack, paid time off
#### The Good Stuff
- As part of a distributed team, work from home, the beach, or the mountains.
- We believe in fair incentive structures - that translates into equity in every Decent Labs portfolio company.
- First hand experience and education on how to build, launch, and scale products into the market.
- We offer an education on the art and science of building, launching, and scaling high value tech startups.
We’d love to have you in one of our home cities: Austin, Atlanta, or Miami. Highly qualified remote candidates will also be considered.
Meet your team
Decent Labs at a glance
Decent Labs focuses on Healthcare, Energy, Clean Energy, Health Care Information Technology, and Finance Technology. Their company has offices in Austin, Atlanta, and Miami. They have a small team that's between 11-50 employees.