A venture studio offering founders the tools they need to launch, scale, and succeed
Frontend Engineer$60k – $80k • 0.1% – 0.25%
About Decent Labs
Decent Labs is a growing technology company with offices in Miami, Austin, and Atlanta. We partner with early stage startups and take on all aspects of product development, including branding, UI/UX design, and software development. We are a new kind of company, called a venture studio, that offers startups the leadership of an accelerator, resources of a development firm, and incentive structure of a venture fund.
About The Role
As a Frontend Engineer, you will work closely with our CTO and engineering team to develop new products for our portfolio companies and implement user experiences that inspire delight.
- Integrate web applications with backend software provided by other team members
- Own features by taking responsibility from the inception to deployment
- Document and test your application to make it easy to share with other developers
- Collaborate closely with one or more engineering teams to ensure consistency in understanding of technical requirements and overall work quality
- Provide mentorship to your peers in the broader engineering team through code reviews and education on best practices
- 4+ years of software development experience
- Strong experience in Node.JS, React, Angular, or other component-based web framework, Typescript experience is a plus
- You understand RESTful APIs and how to consume them in a client-side environment
- You are great with unit and functional testing and debugging
- Experience in Git/GitHub and branching methodologies, code review tools, CI tools, JIRA, Confluence, etc.
- You stand out from the crowd because you have excellent attention to detail, understand what makes good design, and strive for product excellence
Decent Labs Benefits & Perks
In addition to working with exciting new startups and cutting edge technologies, Decent Labs offers the following benefits to all team members:
- Health, dental, and vision insurance
- Two weeks of real, heads down, no Slack, paid time off
The Good Stuff
- As part of a distributed team, work from home, the beach, or the mountains.
- We believe in fair incentive structures - that translates into equity in every Decent Labs portfolio company.
- First hand experience and education on how to build, launch, and scale products into the market.
- We offer an education on the art and science of building, launching, and scaling high value tech startups.
The Frontend Engineer role is ideally local to Atlanta or Miami however highly qualified remote candidates will also be considered.
Decent Labs at a glance
Decent Labs focuses on Healthcare, Energy, Clean Energy, Health Care Information Technology, and Finance Technology. Their company has offices in Austin, Atlanta, and Miami. They have a small team that's between 11-50 employees.