Software Engineer - Data Engineering
About DayToDay Health
Launched in 2018, DayToDay Health is an MIT Startup with a bold vision for the future of healthcare. We focus on acute, post-surgical and out-of-hospital care, and we are the first company to provide end-to-end acute care services globally. We address two critical challenges in healthcare in particular accessibility and clinical outcomes.
With accessibility, we are delivering well-researched, digitally enabled patient protocols and pathways to patients and families across the globe. Patients can access our holistic virtual care services conveniently from their mobile device, which allows us to provide superior care continuity. In many cases, we are the only support patients have before and after their procedures when patients are at home.
To improve clinical outcomes, we are bridging the communication gap between clinicians and patients. Currently, managing patient care adequately across the entire journey remains a challenge. 80% of clinician instructions are forgotten immediately when a patient leaves the hospital. Of what patients do remember, 50% is misremembered, causing further anxiety, confusion and longer recoveries. We enable clinicians to engage patients throughout the entire care journey.
Our vision is to combine the latest technology with the knowledge and experience of the best doctors to make healthcare simpler, better, and more effective for people everywhere.
What Will You Do?
You will be a software engineer in our Boston-based Data Engineering Team. You will be responsible for ensuring our application can quickly & reliably integrate with our clients as we rapidly grow our customer base. You will be responsible for ensuring our research team can easily & quickly analyze patient and product outcomes. You will be responsible for the interface between our server & third-party clients including Hospitals, EHR Vendors, and BI Tools.
Specifically, you will be working on:
- Ingesting data from customer systems to enable key product functionality;
- Extracting and preparing data from production databases for analysis by our research team;
- Documenting data schemas and formats used in our various data repositories;
- Assisting with the development of our FHIR API;
- Collaborating with the backend team on production database design, capacity planning, performance monitoring, security, migration, backup, and recovery
Whom Do We Want?
Engineers require solid technical skills. Good engineering can apply these skills in new and creative ways and learn new skills in the process. Great engineers (the kind we like) are able able to collaborate and communicate effectively and leverage the power of other great engineers to solve really interesting problems. If you’re a great engineer (or are on the road to becoming one), then the following qualification will help you succeed at DayToday.
We are looking for a hands-on software engineer able to deliver high-quality code in a startup environment. You might be the right person for the role if you:
- Enjoy working in a small, high-performing engineering team at a high-growth product company or startup.
- Can consistently produce bug-free, readable, and maintainable code
- Can consistently propose solutions when articulating problems
- Can anticipate how contributions will affect the larger architecture
- Have 1 - 3 years experience working as a software engineer with Java or Kotlin
- Have experience creating client-facing APIs
- Are familiar with some AWS Services such as AWS Lambda, API Gateway, EC2, S3, and/or databases such as RDS, Redshift & MongoDB
- Bonus: Have experience working in healthcare & knowledge of FHIR
Where Does the Role Fit?
In this role, you will report to the Data Engineering Manager and work alongside other data engineers. You will also work closely with software engineers, data scientists, and researchers from the Research, Backend, and New Tech teams.
This position is located in our Boston office. It will be fully remote, however, until July of 2021.
- Health Care Plan (Medical, Dental & Vision)
- Retirement Plan (401k)
- Paid Time Off (Vacation, Sick & Public Holidays)
- Family Leave (Maternity, Paternity)
- Training & Development
- Stock Option Plan
- Wellness Resources
- Free Food & Snacks
Entry to Early Mid-level
- Information Technology & Services
- Computer Software
- Hospital & Health Care