Empowering the world’s small and medium-sized businesses with enterprise-level technology
Senior Software Engineer II
Datto, the world's leading provider of IT solutions delivered through managed service providers, is looking for a Senior Software Engineer II to join a growing team. Datto is a creative company at its core and is an exciting and dynamic workplace. We're 100% focused on our managed service provider partners and believe that with the right technology, managed service providers can change how businesses around the world operate. Datto provides data protection, business continuity, networking, business management, and file backup and sync products that empower and protect the clients of our 14,000+ partners. We're headquartered in Norwalk, Connecticut and have 22 offices worldwide.
- You have a passion for technology, software engineering, and continuous learning
- You offer new ideas and a unique point of view
- You look forward to collaborating with a diverse team
- You are a self-starter and thrive in a fast paced environment
- You eagerly seek and give help
- Transparency tops your list of values, and you contribute to a culture of respect and inclusion
- You are inquisitive and focused, and see every challenge as an opportunity
- You would rather create the future than wait for it
- You have excellent communication skills
In this job you will:
- Partner with product management to develop new products and features that improve the MSP experience and ensure reliable and secure data protection for our customers.
- Work on complex systems that rely on internal and external libraries using multiple languages
- Contribute to the continual improvement of the architecture and code base
- Troubleshoot low level linux and file system issues
- Collaborate with multiple teams to improve the product’s performance, scalability, durability, and security
- Develop automation of VM environments using VMware ESX & Hyper-V APIs
5+ years of professional experience developing solutions in an object-oriented language such as Java, PHP, C++, or C#
B.S. or M.S. in Software Engineering, Computer Science, or a related field (or equivalent experience)
Strong Computer Science fundamentals in data structures, design patterns, and algorithms
Note: We are looking only for candidates willing to join us directly as W2 employees (No 3rd party candidates)
At Datto, we believe our employees are our greatest asset and offer all full-time employees a wide-ranging benefits package, including:
- Comprehensive health-care benefits
- Free lunch every Friday
- Flexible paid time off policy
- Free food, drinks, and fresh organic fruit
- Fitness reimbursement
- Charity match program
- Education reimbursement
- And more!
By submitting an application, you acknowledge we will process your data to consider you for the position you apply for and for other open positions within our company for which you may be suited. We collect and store your data following our Recruiting Privacy Practices.
Datto is an equal opportunity employer.
Comprehensive health-care benefits
Flexible paid time off policy
Free food, drinks, and fresh organic fruit
Free lunch every Friday
Transit subsidy in select cities
Charity match program
Datto at a glance
Datto focuses on SaaS, Information Technology, Cloud Computing, Networking, and Flash Storage. Their company has offices in New York, Dallas, Portland, San Jose, and Toronto. They have a very large team that's between 1001-5000 employees. To date, Datto has raised $100M of funding; their latest round was closed on November 2015.