Empowering the world’s small and medium-sized businesses with enterprise-level technology
Senior Software Engineer I
As the world’s leading provider of cloud-based software and technology solutions delivered by managed service providers (MSPs), Datto believes there is no limit to what small and medium businesses can achieve with the right technology. Datto offers Unified Continuity, Networking, and Business Management solutions and has created a one-of-a-kind ecosystem of MSP partners. These partners provide Datto solutions to over one million businesses across the globe. Since its founding in 2007, Datto continues to win awards each year for its rapid growth, product excellence, superior technical support, and for fostering an outstanding workplace. With headquarters in Norwalk, Connecticut, Datto has global offices in the United Kingdom, Netherlands, Denmark, Germany, Canada, Australia, China, and Singapore. Learn more at datto.com.
More than someone who checks every box, we’re looking for people who are excited to work and grow at Datto. If that's you we hope you apply for the role!
You enjoy teamwork
You come with new ideas and a unique point of view. You look forward to collaborating with a diverse team. You eagerly seek and give help. Transparency tops your list of values, and you contribute to a culture of respect and inclusion.
Inquisitive and focused, you see every challenge as an opportunity. You would rather create the future than wait for it.
You’re customer-focused and take pride in your work.
You put extra attention into details with all you do. You care about the work you provide to customers and how it reflects on yourself and Datto. When you find or see something wrong, you attempt to resolve it. You look for opportunities to not only better yourself, but others around you. You aim to be the best that you can be and always do the right thing.
What You’ll Do
- Design, test and build our Datto SaaS Protection platform.
- Work with product management to develop new products and features that improve the MSP experience and ensure reliable and secure data protection for our customers.
- Work with software and hardware teams to improve Datto SaaS Protection system performance, scalability, durability, and security.
- Develop advanced telemetry to diagnose and debug problems in the field and improve the quality of our software.
- Passionately promote Datto’s core values. Promote collaboration and team growth.
- Be a positive role model that others want to follow and be inspired by.
- Identify gaps in processes and tasks. Be an advocate of new ideas to drive continuous improvement.
- Participate in a rotational on-call program and enhance troubleshooting techniques and utilities to ensure quick resolution to service impacting issues
Skills You’ll Need
- Experienced developer with object-oriented design and problem-solving skills
- 5+ years of experience delivering reliable and maintainable software
- Experience developing web applications
- Experience with SaaS, SOAP API, RESTful API, and HTTP technologies
- Strong written and verbal communication skills with experience explaining technical concepts to all audiences
- Functional programming experience
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Computer Engineering, Electrical Engineering or a related discipline, or in lieu of degree 10+ years of relevant experience
- Scala experience or an interest in learning Scala
More About Datto
- Datto, the world’s leading provider of IT solutions delivered through managed service providers, is looking for a Sr. Software Engineer to join a growing team. Datto is a creative company at its core and is an exciting and dynamic workplace. We're 100% focused on our managed service provider partners and believe that with the right technology, managed service providers can change how businesses around the world operate. Datto provides data protection, business continuity, networking, business management, and file backup and sync products that empower and protect the clients of our 14,000+ partners. We're headquartered in Norwalk, Connecticut and have 22 offices worldwide. You will report to the Manager of Software Engineering.
At Datto, we believe our employees are our greatest asset and offer all full-time employees a wide-ranging benefits package, including:
- Comprehensive health-care benefits
- Free lunch every Friday
- Flexible working hours
- Unlimited paid time off
- Free food, drinks, and fresh organic fruit
- Fitness reimbursement
- Charity match program
- Education reimbursement
- And more!
By submitting an application, you acknowledge we will process your data to consider you for the position you apply for and for other open positions within our company for which you may be suited. We collect and store your data following our Recruiting Privacy Practices.
Datto is an equal opportunity employer.
Comprehensive health-care benefits
Flexible paid time off policy
Free food, drinks, and fresh organic fruit
Free lunch every Friday
Transit subsidy in select cities
Charity match program
Datto at a glance
Datto focuses on SaaS, Information Technology, Cloud Computing, Networking, and Flash Storage. Their company has offices in New York, Dallas, Portland, San Jose, and Toronto. They have a very large team that's between 1001-5000 employees. To date, Datto has raised $100M of funding; their latest round was closed on November 2015.