Empowering the world’s small and medium-sized businesses with enterprise-level technology
Senior Site Reliability Engineer II
Datto, the world's leading provider of IT solutions for small and medium-sized businesses, is looking for a Senior Site Reliability Engineer to join a growing team. Datto provides data protection, business continuity, networking, and business management products that protect and empower the clients of our 14,000+ partners. We're 100% focused on our managed service provider partners and believe that armed with great technology, managed service providers are changing how businesses around the world operate. Datto is a technology-driven company that encourages creativity in an exciting and dynamic workplace. We're headquartered in Norwalk, Connecticut and have 22 offices worldwide.
A Look Inside the Job:
We are looking for a motivated, self starting, Sr. Site Reliability Engineer to help pioneer this role at Datto. The Sr. Site Reliability Engineer attaches to our Core Products Team, which maintains and develops new features for all of Datto’s backup appliances (~85K devices and growing quickly).
You enjoy teamwork:
You come with new ideas and a unique point of view. You look forward to collaborating with a diverse team. You eagerly seek and give help. Transparency tops your list of values, and you contribute to a culture of respect and inclusion.
Inquisitive and focused, you see every challenge as an opportunity. You would rather create the future than wait for it.
In this role you will:
- Ensure the overall system reliability, uptime, health, and performance of Datto’s BCDR appliance fleet & storage cloud
- Develop, deploy, and maintain the appropriate systems, services, and tooling in Datto’s production environment that provides constant feedback to stakeholders inclusive of the core development team
- Implement best practices promoting service availability/reliability and fault tolerance
- Add the appropriate monitoring to the BCDR fleet which detects and alerts along with potential remediation recommendations and/or taking corrective action
- Identify gaps in logging/metrics/KPIs and work with the engineering teams to close them
- Collaborate with Product and Software Development teams to define the Core products reliability strategy including Service Level Objectives (SLOs) and Indicators (SLIs)
Define and configure transaction volume, traffic, performance, and error rate monitoring
- Including alert thresholds, capacity planning, and performance impact analysis
You will participate in SRE software engineering, writing code for the continuing reduction of human intervention in operational tasks and automation of processes
Troubleshoot complex issues quickly and effectively
Develop a balanced on-call program with appropriate staffing
Communicate with Users, Support, and Development teams in the event of an incident
Diagnose and develop root cause solutions for failures and performance issues in our production environment
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science or equivalent experience
- Experience in software development, automation, infrastructure as code, and data-driven analysis
- Experience with OOP languages such as Java, PHP, C#, or C++
- Solid understanding of Object-Oriented Programming fundamentals
- Strong root cause analysis and troubleshooting competency
- Ability to operate in the fast pace environment
- Self-motivated & willing to learn
- Ability to work independently and as part of a team
- Excellent Communication Skills
At Datto, we believe our employees are our greatest asset and offer all full-time employees a wide-ranging benefits package, including:
- Comprehensive health-care benefits
- Free lunch every Friday
- Flexible paid time off policy
- Free food, drinks, and fresh organic fruit
- Fitness reimbursement
- Charity match program
- Transit subsidy in select cities
- Education reimbursement
- And more!
By submitting an application, you acknowledge we will process your data in order to consider you for the position you apply for and for other open positions within our company for which you may be suited. We collect and store your data in accordance with our Recruiting Privacy Practices.
Datto is an equal opportunity employer.
Comprehensive health-care benefits
Flexible paid time off policy
Free food, drinks, and fresh organic fruit
Free lunch every Friday
Transit subsidy in select cities
Charity match program
Datto at a glance
Datto focuses on SaaS, Information Technology, Cloud Computing, Networking, and Flash Storage. Their company has offices in New York, Dallas, Portland, San Jose, and Toronto. They have a very large team that's between 1001-5000 employees. To date, Datto has raised $100M of funding; their latest round was closed on November 2015.