We are building the foundational infrastructure of an ethical data economy
Head of Project Management£65k – £90k
Head of Project Management, Remote, Full time**
Perm: £65k to £90k
Dataswift is the technology infrastructure company powering Data Economy 2.0 – the ethical data economy. Using our products, individuals, enterprises, and developers give, take and use personal data responsibly. Individuals get full ownership and control of their data. Developers and organisations get the APIs and tools they need to build scalable, data-rich applications with privacy and compliance built-in.
Your Strategic Value to the Company
You'll be a critical problem-solver with previous experience in a client facing role and can work collaboratively internally (with both commercial and technical teams) and externally (from senior stakeholders to IT professionals). You’ll be high energy, organised and have amazing communication skills. You'll have a strong aptitude and experience in working in B2B SaaS technology, with a strong desire to further your craft.
You will be responsible for managing complex projects end to end, owning the relationship with customers during the onboarding period. You will also be responsible for supporting the delivery (and adoption) of complex new product functionality to our customers.
You will own these projects end to end, defining all stages of the project lifecycle, highlighting all risks and mitigation as well as identifying issues, escalating where required and resolving issues throughout the project process.
Role and Responsibilities
- Lead and take responsibility for the successful delivery of multiple projects
- Determine and define project scope and objectives
- Predict resources needed to reach objectives and manage resources in an effective and efficient manner
- Prepare budget based on scope of work and resource requirements
- Track project costs in order to meet budget expectations
- Develop and manage a detailed project schedule and work plan
- Provide project updates on a consistent basis to various stakeholders about strategy, adjustments, and progress
- Manage contracts with vendors and suppliers by assigning tasks and communicating expected deliverables
- Utilise industry best practices, techniques, and standards throughout entire project execution
- Monitor progress and make adjustments as needed
- Measure project performance to identify areas for improvement
You will need:
This is a Head of Project Manager role, we are looking for someone who is currently running complex software projects and comfortable talking with engineers and tech leads day to day. In addition you will need:
- Experience with Kanban, Scrum and other agile development methodologies
- Experience in JIRA, Confluence and other project management software
- The ideal individual should be extremely organized, and detail oriented with solid project management abilities
- Strong stakeholder management experience is required
- Strong communication skills with excellent technical writing skills: you can translate business needs into technical requirements, explain technical concepts to a non-technical audience
- Experience as a Project manager and related experience of at least £2 million in size
- Project Management Professional PMQ (PMP) certification or equivalent preferred
- Proven ability to solve problems creatively
- Strong familiarity with project management software tools, methodologies, and best practices
- Experience seeing projects through the full life cycle and proven ability to complete projects according to outlined scope, budget, and timeline
- Excellent analytical skills, interpersonal skills and resourcefulness
You’ll benefit from:
- Distributed working - everyone on the team works remotely
- Access to mental health professionals and mental health days
Dataswift Culture & Values
We believe in the diversity of our team and we don’t judge based on gender, sexual orientation, socio-economic background, history, culture, geography, nationality or your secret aversion to coriander. If you feel you don’t match every single specification, reach out to us at firstname.lastname@example.org to discuss your options further.
We are completely distributed.
Our team is based all around the world and are completely distributed. We meet every few months physically on our on-sites. The on-sites are usually in the UK but are occasionally in other countries.
Mental wellbeing benefits
We work with mental wellbeing provider Spill.chat to provide a variety of resources and services to Swiftees.
Dataswift at a glance
Dataswift focuses on Personal Data, Technology, Internet of Things, and Data. Their company has offices in London and Cambridge. They have a small team that's between 11-50 employees. To date, Dataswift has raised $2.545M of funding; their latest round was closed on September 2019 at a valuation of $7.7M.