We are building the foundational infrastructure of an ethical data economy
PR Intern$15k – $32k
USA, Remote, $32,000 pa, 3 month contract
Dataswift is the technology infrastructure company powering Data Economy 2.0 – the ethical data economy. Using our products, individuals, enterprises, and developers give, take and use personal data responsibly. Individuals get full ownership and control of their data. Developers and organisations get the APIs and tools they need to build scalable, data-rich applications with privacy and compliance built-in.
Your Strategic Value to the Company
Help Dataswift drive awareness around privacy-centric contact tracing and how they can be utilised to defeat the resurgence of COVID-19 in Ohio and nationally.
Are you an aspiring Public Relations Intern looking for an opportunity to advance your skills and career in a great working environment? If you are a smart, ambitious and creative natural communicator who likes the excitement of new challenges and who is able to thrive in a fast-paced environment, we have the perfect job for you!
We are looking for a hardworking Public Relations Intern to support day-to-day operations in our Marketing department and help us manage the relationship with a PR Agency in the US.
This role will initially be on a temporary 3 month contract, with a possibility for a permanent opportunity to arise. We are looking for someone to start with us on the 1st of September 2020.
What you will be doing as our PR...
- Provide assistance with the execution of the company’s US PR strategy
- Provide strategic input and feedback on PR initiatives
- Suggest innovative ideas for engaging content
- Build long-term relationships with all relevant stakeholders (PR Agency)
- Assist in the management of content across social media platforms and websites
- Write media announcements and press releases
- Manage the relationship with the US based PR Agency
- Provide assistance in scheduling and coordinating of different events
- Conduct research and perform market analysis
- Complete administrative duties
You will definitely need:
- Passion and a true interest in the PR industry
- Outstanding organizational and time management skills
- Applicable knowledge of copywriting and editing
- Excellent communication skills (written and oral due to only remote work)
- Experience with social media platforms (Twitter, Facebook etc.)
- Aptitude in presentation and public speaking
- Current enrolment or recently graduated in a BSc/BA/MBA/MSc in PR, communications, journalism or similar relevant field
- Attention to details
You will be perfect if you have:
- A homebase in the US (preferably Ohio)
- Know-how in website management to update press clippings
- Prior work experience with PR agencies
- Have an interest in the tech start-up world
In your first 3 months, you will work on:
- An exciting project together with a renown PR Agency
You’ll benefit from:
- Distributed working - everyone on the team works remotely
- Access to mental health professionals and mental health days>>
- The support of a passionate, expert team of marketers
- A fast-paced work environment - you’ll never be bored
Dataswift Culture & Values
We believe in the diversity of our team and we don’t judge based on gender, sexual orientation, socio-economic background, history, culture, geography, nationality or your secret aversion to coriander. If you feel you don’t match every single specification, reach out to us at firstname.lastname@example.org to discuss your options further.
We are completely distributed.
Our team is based all around the world and are completely distributed. We meet every few months physically on our on-sites. The on-sites are usually in the UK but are occasionally in other countries.
Mental wellbeing benefits
We work with mental wellbeing provider Spill.chat to provide a variety of resources and services to Swiftees.
Dataswift at a glance
Dataswift focuses on Personal Data, Technology, Internet of Things, and Data. Their company has offices in London and Cambridge. They have a small team that's between 11-50 employees. To date, Dataswift has raised $2.545M of funding; their latest round was closed on September 2019 at a valuation of $7.7M.