We are building the foundational infrastructure of an ethical data economy
Scala Developer£60k – £90k
Senior Backend Developer
Full time, Remote, £50,000 - £90,000
Dataswift is the technology infrastructure company powering Data Economy 2.0 – the ethical data economy. Using our products, individuals, enterprises, and developers give, take and use personal data responsibly. Individuals get full ownership and control of their data. Developers and organisations get the APIs and tools they need to build scalable, data-rich applications with privacy and compliance built-in.
Dataswift is a fast paced startup looking to expand the engineering team. This is a unique opportunity to be part of a new team in a high growth company that is changing the face of identity and trust.
Our technology stack includes Scala, JVM and runs on a cloud Kubernetes infrastructure. We use a continuous delivery approach and are introducing BDD to augment our agile practices. All applications are deployed as Docker containers or AWS Lambda’s and infrastructure is automatically provisioned. Should we be using something different? Great! Let’s have a chat – your voice counts.
- Solve challenging problems while building semi-distributed, scalable products based on microservices architecture
- Being lead contributor to our open-source and private projects, shaping the architecture of our platform
- Working as a part of an Agile team, collaborating with front-end engineers and the product team
- Mentor junior developers, review code, ensure implementation of best practices
- Participate in and contribute to the internal knowledge share events
You will definitely need:
- Experience in web back-end software engineering
- Experience working with Scala and the JVM
- Previous experience working in collaborative teams under the Agile framework
- Proven track record in building highly scalable backend systems
- Good understanding of SQL databases, schema architectures, query performance optimisation
- Strong problem solving and verbal and written communication skills
- Focus on efficiency, user experience, and process improvement
You will be perfect if you have:
- Familiarity with Docker, AWS Console and CLI, CI/CD tools
- Experience with testing frameworks, passion for a clean, well-tested and maintainable code
- Previous experience with microservice architecture
- Experience building RESTful APIs
- Previous training in secure coding practices, good understanding of security implications
- Some unique skills that will surprise us
You’ll benefit from:
- Distributed working - everyone on the team works remotely
- Access to mental health professionals and mental health days
Dataswift Culture & Values
We believe in the diversity of our team and we don’t judge based on gender, sexual orientation, socio-economic background, history, culture, geography, nationality or your secret aversion to coriander. If you feel you don’t match every single specification, reach out to us at firstname.lastname@example.org to discuss your options further.
We are completely distributed.
Our team is based all around the world and are completely distributed. We meet every few months physically on our on-sites. The on-sites are usually in the UK but are occasionally in other countries.
Mental wellbeing benefits
We work with mental wellbeing provider Spill.chat to provide a variety of resources and services to Swiftees.
Dataswift at a glance
Dataswift focuses on Personal Data, Technology, Internet of Things, and Data. Their company has offices in London and Cambridge. They have a small team that's between 11-50 employees. To date, Dataswift has raised $2.545M of funding; their latest round was closed on September 2019 at a valuation of $7.7M.