The data operations platform for data-driven businesses
Senior Product Designer
Datalogue is looking for a Senior Product Designer to help us change the way businesses use data to drive decisions.
We're a software startup backed by top-tier investors with offices in NYC and Montreal. We work with state-of-the-art machine learning to tackle some of the biggest challenges in data and analytics. We’re a friendly and hard-working bunch, we love our users, we love what we do, and we really enjoy doing it together.
We’re in the midst of dramatic growth, with our product running in production in Fortune 500 companies across a variety of industries. We’re now growing out our core product team for the first time, and we’d love for you to be a part of it.
What You'll Do
- You’ll work directly with the Head of Product to help define product vision and strategy
- You’ll collaborate continuously with Product Management and Engineering as an equal peer and critical member of the product creation lifecycle
- You’ll become an authority on our users, empathizing with their challenges, interests, pain points, daily habits, needs, etc.
- You’ll lead user-driven design processes to help take features from ideation through implementation
- You’ll create mock-ups, wireframes, interactive designs, functional prototypes, and whatever artifacts are needed to validate and communicate your UX and UI designs
- You’ll conduct user research interviews to develop use cases and personas, gather feedback, validate designs, etc.
- You’ll lead and iterate on the preliminary Datalogue design system and core design assets
- You’ll evangelize the power of design thinking and user-centered design throughout the company
- You’ll focus primarily on design for our core product, but may contribute to marketing design occasionally as well - we are a startup, after all!
- You’ll rapidly accelerate your career growth, increasing your design and management skills according to your interests and goals
What You'll Bring
- Proven success shipping product as a Designer at a software company
- Familiarity with modern design methodology and agile development workflows (and comfort applying these methods pragmatically)
- Real passion for user-centered design and design thinking practices
- Track record of crafting intuitive user experiences for complex, technical workflows
- Comfort engaging with highly technical end-users
- Readiness to thrive in a dynamic and evolving startup environment
What You Should Expect From Us
- Dynamic, constantly-evolving work
- Hard problems to work on daily
- A supportive team committed to growing together
- Fast growing organization, with tremendous opportunity for advancement
- Broad investment in your personal career growth and goals
- Do you love great food? Cooking it and/or eating it? That’s a big part of our company culture, and we have frequent team dinners with delicious home-cooked meals.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.