The Age of Privacy requires a new standard of transparency
Senior Software Engineer$130k – $180k • 0.5% – 1.5%
DataGrail provides businesses and consumers with transparency into their data. In today’s ever-changing data privacy environment, individuals expect visibility and control into how their data is used, processed, and sold. In order to remain competitive, businesses invested in software, resulting in an explosion of systems managing and processing personal data. These systems, particularly in the sales, marketing, and adjacent spaces, were not built to be compliant. We solve this problem. ⚡️ $9.2M raised. Built and backed by executives and founders at DocuSign, MuleSoft, Twilio, Cloudera, Oracle, Salesforce.com, HP Labs, Facebook and Quantcast. You’ll be working closely with the founders across all aspects of our product and business. As such, we’re looking for someone who:
- Is entrepreneurial -- has a desire to found their own startup in the future
- Can lead design and implementation of key product features
- Loves working closely with product and UI/UX design teams to come up with the best solutions and user experiences for our customers
- Values collaborating with members outside of the product-eng team in sales, marketing and customer success
- Wants to invest in their social capital -- we’d love it if you met your co-founder here
- Ultimately, wants to learn a lot very quickly
What we think will help you succeed at DataGrail:
- 5+ years experience in a software engineering role
- You’ve previously worked at a startup or think you’ll enjoy working on many * things you’ve never even seen before
- Have work experience with Ruby/RoR
- Expertise with at least another language (bonus points for python, scala, and golang)
- You don’t mind building infrastructure
- Can jump on front-end work
- You think interviews at big orgs are silly -- we’ll test you on what you’ll actually be doing
- A computer science degree or equivalent
Bonus points for:
- Experience building ETL pipelines, ideally using Spark
- You’re analytical and may have done some Data Science
- Your salary will be in the 90th+ percentile at startups this early, we believe in paying well
- You’ll get health coverage, stock options, commuter benefits, and all the essentials
- Unlimited vacation policy, 2 weeks mandatory
Meet your team
We provide full healthcare, dental, and vision so you feel great.
We offer competitive compensation that matches the top talent we hire.
Do your best work from where you choose.
Enjoy unlimited vacation time, 2 weeks mandatory. Seriously!
Meals & snacks
Daily catered lunches plus fully stocked snacks and beverages.
Quarterly team outings including lunches, team building, and volunteering.
Transportation stipend to handle your daily commute.
Growth & development opportunities, conferences, and workshops.
DataGrail at a glance
DataGrail focuses on Enterprise Software, Sales and Marketing, Security, Big Data, and Privacy. Their company has offices in San Francisco. They have a small team that's between 11-50 employees. To date, DataGrail has raised $9M of funding; their latest round was closed on July 2019.