Modern monitoring & analytics. See inside any stack, any app, at any scale, anywhere
Open-Source Software Engineer - PHP
We're on a mission to build the best platform in the world for engineers to understand and scale their systems, applications, and teams. We build highly scalable systems that process trillions of data points every day to provide real time alerts, visualizations, log aggregations, and application traces for tens of thousands of companies. Our engineering culture values pragmatism, honesty, and simplicity to solve hard problems the right way.
The APM Team at Datadog provides mission critical application health and performance monitoring for customers of all sizes and industries. We’re taking a new approach to APM with distributed tracing and seamless integration with Datadog’s Infrastructure and Logs products.
We are looking for an expert PHP developer experienced with PHP language internals who can help push our tracing tools to the next level. Come and join us to build amazing open source software!
- Write code that instruments thousands of PHP applications around the world.
- You’ll help drive our open source PHP projects and engage with the community to find and address the most important challenges.
- Join a great team building software the right way
- You’re a master PHP programmer. PHP is more than a recursive acronym for you. You’ve tailored your bytecode cache engine, updated php.ini a time or two and you know PSRs by heart. You’ve written piles of clean, correct, well-tested, performant, idiomatic PHP code.
- You are a great community ambassador and can drive hard technical conversations towards a good solution.
- You have solid experience with widely used frameworks and libraries like Laravel, Symfony, Phalcon or CakePHP.
- You want to work in a fast, high growth startup environment.
- You have a BS/MS/PhD in a STEM field or equivalent experience.
- You have experience with applications such as Wordpress, Drupal or Joomla.
- You have used other interpreters than the C implementation, such as HHVM.
- You have experience with code telemetry and introspection.
- You have experience writing C-extensions for PHP.
Retirement savings plan
Open paid time off
Snacks & drinks
Outings & events
Datadog at a glance
Datadog focuses on SaaS, Enterprise Software, Information Technology, Analytics, and Software. Their company has offices in New York City, San Francisco, New York, Boston, and Chicago. They have a very large team that's between 1001-5000 employees. To date, Datadog has raised $147.9M of funding; their latest round was closed on September 2019 at a valuation of $11B.