Modern monitoring & analytics. See inside any stack, any app, at any scale, anywhere
Team Lead, Technical Account Management
We are Datadog's in-house product experts. The Technical Solutions team enables Datadog's worldwide growth by educating potential clients and ensuring that existing customers are happy and successful. The Technical Enablement Managers & Technical Account Managers (TEM-TAM’s) are focused on existing customers and ensuring that they are deriving value from Datadog. We share our technical and product expertise by working directly with some of our largest customers, providing enablement sessions, showing them best practices and coaching them for how to use Datadog around their specific use cases.
Would you like the opportunity to work at a company that is revolutionizing the IT monitoring space? Datadog is seeking a highly motivated, results oriented leader to join our high-growth organization and world class Solutions team. We’re a diverse team made up of traditional and non-traditional backgrounds, working together to solve complex problems the right way. You will lead a team of individual contributors and be immersed in a fast-paced environment where you will be challenged, but will also immediately witness your contributions to Datadog and to our customers.
- Report to the global Director of Technical Enablement Management, Technical Account Management (TEM-TAM)
- Manage, develop, and mentor a fast-paced team of TEMs & TAMs with a Player / Coach approach
- Assist recruiting efforts to find and hire top talent within your region. Coach new hires during onboarding to ensure proper ramping of skills and capabilities
- Oversee successful onboarding, development and education of new and existing TEMs and TAMs
- Streamline communication directly with TAM-assigned Datadog customers from a leadership perspective
- Plan and/or hold technical training sessions to provide technical guidance for some of our largest customers
- Work closely with the greater Technical Solutions leadership and other groups throughout the organization (Sales, Customer Success, Engineering, Product) to tackle urgent matters and to implement process improvements
- Conduct regular 1:1’s with team members to provide constructive feedback and skills development
- Not be afraid to get your hands dirty and jump right in with your team
- Passionate about people management and/or mentorship with previous experience leading a team
- Self-motivated, detail-attentive, and have a desire for continuous learning
- Someone with high EQ and soft skills
- Exceptional at written and oral communication skills
- A critical thinker who defaults to a client-centric consultative approach
- Experienced in successful implementation of process and procedure in a scaling company
- Able to think creatively about a wide variety of challenges. You're going to find new things every day
- Comfortable in high pressure situations
- Knowledgeable of current infrastructure and monitoring solutions and technologies
- Experienced in 5+ years in a Presales, Post Sales, Consultancy or adjacent customer facing role with a successful track record
- Formal education and/or training in management skills or strategies
- Previous experience working in a startup and/or fast-paced organization
- CS, Engineering degree or equivalent experience.
Why You Should Apply:
- Generous and competitive global and US benefits
- New hire stock equity (RSUs) and employee stock purchase plan
- Continuous career development and pathing opportunities
- Product training to develop an in-depth understanding of our product and space
- Best in breed onboarding
- Internal mentor and buddy program cross-departmentally
- Friendly and inclusive workplace culture
Datadog is the monitoring and security platform for cloud applications. Our SaaS product is used by organizations of all sizes across a wide range of industries to enable digital transformation, cloud migration, and infrastructure monitoring of our customers’ entire technology stack, allowing for seamless collaboration and problem-solving among Dev, Ops and Security teams globally. Given the resilience of cloud technologies and importance placed today in digital operations and agility, Datadog continues to innovate and is well positioned for the long term.
Retirement savings plan
Open paid time off
Snacks & drinks
Outings & events
Datadog at a glance
Datadog focuses on SaaS, Enterprise Software, Information Technology, Analytics, and Software. Their company has offices in New York City, San Francisco, New York, Boston, and Chicago. They have a very large team that's between 1001-5000 employees. To date, Datadog has raised $147.9M of funding; their latest round was closed on September 2019 at a valuation of $11B.