Go Beyond ETL and create end-to-end data pipelines with a single platform
Senior Software Engineer - Backend$170k – $250k • 0.35% – 0.6%
San Francisco, CA
* Get in early on building the first truly cloud-native data infrastructure stack
* Opportunity to make a large impact on product, company, and customers
* Work closely with a founding team that’s driven massive scale at Facebook, Groupon, and more
Datacoral, founded in 2016 by some of the “data brains behind the rise of Facebook”, eliminates the complexity and cognitive load of building data infrastructure. In just minutes we deploy a fully-managed stack to collect data from any source, automatically organize that data in any query engine, and leverage that data for insights and publishing.
At Datacoral, you will:
* Be part of the early team making a significant contribution to both product and company
* Design and build robust, scalable REST APIs
* Work on schema design for NoSQL and SQL databases
* Improve code quality through writing unit tests, automation, and participating in code reviews
* Brainstorm and contribute ideas to our technology, algorithms, and products
* Work with product, design, and customer-success teams to understand end-user requirements
* Dive into difficult technical problems and successfully deliver results on schedule
And we’re ideally looking for:
* At least 6 years experience.
* Strong engineering skills in any language
* A passion to build products, services, and a Company
* Commercial experience building and/or support well-designed REST APIs
* An understanding of the different types of data and their workloads: how best to organize data, and what different query engines bring to the table
* Familiarity with data technologies like OLTP/OLAP, SQL/noSQL, streaming/batch systems
* Experience working on AWS, Azure, or Google Cloud
At Datacoral, you’ll work closely with a founding team has built and run successful distributed systems at scale - including scaling Facebook’s managed storage infrastructure from 50TB to 100PB+, the systems at Groupon used to send millions of emails a day.
You’ll be part of an exciting high-growth startup that’s building the first serverless-native data infrastructure stack in the cloud, and will fundamentally change how companies work with their data. See why our investment partners are equally excited at link.medium.com/JKcDeCdcaV
Datacoral at a glance
Datacoral focuses on SaaS, Enterprise Software, Analytics, Data Centers, and Big Data. Their company has offices in San Francisco and Bengaluru. They have a small team that's between 11-50 employees. To date, Datacoral has raised $10M of funding; their latest round was closed on November 2018.