Go Beyond ETL and create end-to-end data pipelines with a single platform
Datacoral was founded in 2016 with one overarching goal - eliminate the the complexity and cognitive load of building and managing data infrastructure. We strive everyday to reduce friction that data practitioners face when trying to extract value out of their data.
Our founding team has built and run distributed systems at scale - data infrastructure at Facebook as it scaled from 50TB to over 100PB of managed storage, and at Groupon as it scaled to sending millions of emails a day.
At Datacoral, we are building the first serverless-native data infrastructure stack in the cloud. We’re growing our team of self-starters with folk who want to fundamentally change how companies work with their data.
As a devops engineer, you will own the CI/CD pipeline of our distributed serverless-native, secure data infrastructure stack in the cloud. Instead of the typical multi-tenant architectures that require significant cluster management, our architecture is a novel take on providing fully secure isolated deployments within the customer VPCs. You will be responsible for rethinking how automation is done for multiple isolated single-tenant installations instead of a single multi-tenant installation. This role is located at our Bangalore office.
* You will help design scalable deployment and monitoring for multiple isolation installations
* You will collaborate with software engineering to deploy and operate our systems.
* When an alert comes up, you will look into ongoing system and take remediation action to fix them.
* You are always looking to develop tools that help with monitoring the systems efficiently.
* You are excited to automate our operations infrastructure to maximize reliability, availability, scalability, and performance of our systems.
* You’re comfortable deploying new upgrades to our installations periodically by ensuring systems run smoothly post-upgrade.
* You can automate the deployment processes by building tools.
* Collaborate with the engineering team on prioritizing fixes for production issues and getting them deployed.
* You can work at a remote office and communicate with HQ in San Francisco with ease.
What we’re looking for
* You are a first principles thinker to develop a deep understanding of distributed systems.
* You have experience with AWS, Azure, or other cloud platforms.
* You are passionate about scripting and automating tasks.
* You’re experienced with databases like MySQL/Postgres and you are comfortable writing queries in SQL.
* You’re comfortable working on CI/CD and monitoring tools like Jenkins, PagerDuty, Rollbar.
* You have excellent verbal and written communication skills.
Datacoral at a glance
Datacoral focuses on SaaS, Enterprise Software, Analytics, Data Centers, and Big Data. Their company has offices in San Francisco and Bengaluru. They have a small team that's between 11-50 employees. To date, Datacoral has raised $14M of funding; their latest round was closed on November 2018.