Same-Day Delivery for E-Commerce
Senior Software Engineer - Backend
We’re looking for experienced, motivated software engineers with a proven track record of building web applications and services. You’ll be responsible for owning and delivering backend services to support a slew of products including our mobile warehouse management app, brand and warehouse facing dashboard, integrations and our embedded buy button sdk.
You love tackling complexity by providing clear, elegant and creative design solutions and can work in a highly collaborative fashion with your teammates to bring solutions to life.
What You'll Do
* Maintain Darkstore's public API.
* Oversee internal API changes supporting new features in our warehouse management, dashboard, hosted and integration products.
* Support server-server integrations for new brand launches.
* Clarify requirements and write technical design docs for major features that stretches across products and source code repos.
* Code review for other developers and perform production releases.
* Take part in the engineering on-call rotation, monitoring and responding to production incidents.
What You'll Bring
* Bachelors degree in Computer Science or related technical field or equivalent practical experience.
* 5+ years of industry experience shipping production software.
* Experience in API design and backend development
* Experience with node.js, postgres/sql, cloud infrastructure
* Ability to thrive in a fast-paced collaborative environment with a team of diverse backgrounds and expertise
* Proven ability to own large problems, clarify the requirements with various stakeholders and deliver well designed solutions.
* Proven ability to deliver large features that touch multiple product areas and code bases.
What You Get
* Competitive salary
* Unlimited PTO
* Health/Dental/Vision Insurances
* Pre-tax commuter benefits
* All of the equipment you’ll need to be successful
* A culture of ownership. You'll own a major product area, make a huge impact, and be pushed to grow as an engineer and as a leader.
* Our headquarters is located in the SOMA area of San Francisco
Founded in 2017, Darkstore (darkstore.com) recognized the market’s insatiable appetite for super fast delivery, so we built an end to end solution that enables any brand and any retailer to offer an amazing direct to consumer customer experience with no capital investment. Darkstore has developed a technology platform that allows brands to offer same-day or standard fulfillment and delivery out of 160 urban fulfillment centers across the United States, all with just a single line of code. Orders are automatically routed to the fulfillment location that provides the lowest rate for the delivery. Darkstore’s management team is comprised of experienced technology and logistics executives.
Equity in the form of Incentive Stock Options
Unlimited paid time off
Access to the Darkstore Wellness Director & Wellness Program
Collaborative and fast-paced environment where the best ideas win
Darkstore at a glance
Darkstore focuses on Mobile, E-Commerce, Retail, Supply Chain Management, and Logistics. Their company has offices in San Francisco. They have a small team that's between 1-10 employees. To date, Darkstore has raised $30.17M of funding; their latest round was closed on September 2019.