Head of Engineering
What We're Looking For:
As the Head of Engineering, you will be responsible for the management, oversight, and administration of several core aspects of the company's overall success and operation. These include; platform development, platform durability and stability, user-client information security, as well as the acquisition, development, and maintenance of all internal and external technological infrastructure.
We are looking for a strong and proven technology leader with expertise in leading and managing full software development cycles that include multiple products, quality assurance, and dev ops.
The ideal candidate will provide sound technical leadership and communicate with staff, executives, stakeholders and customers to ensure the company’s technologies are used appropriately and optimally. Strategic, technical vision, forward thinking and strong business acumen are essential in this role. The Head of Engineering should display dynamism, high-energy, credibility and excitement particularly in leading a high-performing and expanding team, in planning for and execution of an aggressive product roadmap, and in creating & adding value to widening array of Brand Customers and Fulfillment/Delivery Partners.
What You'll Do
* Lead Darkstore's Engineering function, including the development and implementation of an Engineering org design that maximizes productivity and the team's contribution to achieving company objectives
* In partnership with the senior leadership team, identify opportunities and risks for delivering the company's services, including the identification of competitive services, opportunities for innovation and assessment of marketplace obstacles and technical hurdles to the business' success
* Evaluate and identify appropriate technology platforms (including web application frameworks and the deployment stack) for delivery the company's services.
* Take charge and accountability of product releases and deployment consistent with timeline commitments
* Actively recruit top talent and maintain a pipeline of candidates for speed to hire
* Drive decisions on resources and budgets for efficiency and ability to scale
* Develop and foster a culture of speed and innovation along with resolving customer challenges
* Mentor, train, coach, and help grow the Engineering team
* Encourage, facilitate and monitor professional development for the Engineering Org
* Set goals and objectives, monitor progress, and determine best use of resources
* Cultivate a collaborative, transparent culture where cross-functional teamwork is the norm
* Display high-performance, high-energy leadership to direct team and collaborate effectively with the senior leadership team, particularly in driving forward major company strategy and initiatives
What You'll Bring
* BS degree in computer science or similar; graduate degree a plus
* 10+ years of technical leadership in software development, with significant work in B2B offerings
* 3+ years as a senior leader, with a demonstrated track record of delivering scalable, high-performing software platforms
* An understanding of key areas such as product management, product design, information systems, and security
* Proven experience in vetting and crafting technology solutions that are delivered on time and on budget
* A deep sense of accountability, drive, intelligence and passion
* Strong interpersonal and relationship skills
* Success in promoting a culture of collaboration, accountability and innovation
* Experience building and managing high performing, cross-functional teams
* Excellent collaboration and relationship building skills, both internally and externally
* Startup executive experience a plus
What You Get
* Competitive salary and unlimited PTO (you manage your work)
* Equity in the form of Incentive Stock Options
* 100% of Health/Dental/Vision Insurances Premiums covered by Darkstore
* Pre-tax commuter benefits
* In-office workout and mindfulness facilities
* Generous recruiting / referral bonuses
* “Dinner at Darkstore” a perk for anyone who choses to work late (an optional benefit)
* All of the equipment you’ll need to be successful
* A collaborative and fast-paced environment where the best ideas win
* Our headquarters is located in the SOMA area of San Francisco
Founded in 2017, Darkstore (darkstore.com) recognized the market’s insatiable appetite for super fast delivery, so we built an end to end solution that enables any brand and any retailer to offer an amazing direct to consumer customer experience with no capital investment. Darkstore has developed a technology platform that allows brands to offer same-day or ...
Equity in the form of Incentive Stock Options
Unlimited paid time off
Access to the Darkstore Wellness Director & Wellness Program
Collaborative and fast-paced environment where the best ideas win
Darkstore at a glance
Darkstore focuses on Mobile, E-Commerce, Retail, Supply Chain Management, and Logistics. Their company has offices in San Francisco. They have a small team that's between 1-10 employees. To date, Darkstore has raised $30.17M of funding; their latest round was closed on September 2019.