Same-Day Delivery for E-Commerce
Founded in 2017, Darkstore (darkstore.com) recognized the market’s insatiable appetite for super fast delivery, so we built an end to end solution that enables any brand and any retailer to offer an amazing direct to consumer customer experience with no capital investment. Darkstore has developed a technology platform that allows brands to offer same-day or standard fulfillment and delivery out of 160 urban fulfillment centers across the United States, all with just a single line of code. Orders are automatically routed to the fulfillment location that provides the lowest rate for the delivery. Darkstore’s management team is comprised of experienced technology and logistics executives.
What We’re Looking For:
The Marketing Lead is responsible for developing the Marketing vision for Darkstore, building a new function from the ground up and shaping the way the Darkstore brand meets the world. S/he will build and lead Marketing for the company inclusive of both B2B and B2C strategy for customers, our partner network, and brands. The role will collaborate closely with all functions of the company to ensure marketing and brand strategy permeate throughout the organization.
Darkstore is leading a major shift in consumer purchase expectations and behavior. As Marketing Lead, we’ll look to you to ensure the Darkstore brand is at the center of the conversation around same day delivery and elevated e-commerce experience.
What You’ll Do:
* Develop the vision and strategy for Darkstore marketing across channels and audiences, and bring it to life. You’ll execute on go-to-market, positioning, demand generation and growth strategy for Darkstore in the e-commerce space.
Across your work, you will:
* Create and lead high-impact programs to drive growth, and deepen relationships across audiences with an ROI-driven approach and a customer-centric lens.
* Be the ultimate ambassador for Darkstore customers within the organization - creating and cultivating a deep connection between consumers, brands, partners and the Darkstore brand.
Key areas of focus:
* Develop and introduce the Darkstore brand: Develop Darkstore’s positioning, marketing tone, and creative direction to build the brand. Make Darkstore a household name across our key audiences and among the wider public.
* Generate demand and drive growth: Enable a growing sales team with the content, training and analytics they need to have successful sales conversations with brands. You will craft effective launch communication plans including messaging and pitch. You will drive customer insights and market validation for new products.
* Deepen Darkstore partnerships & partnerships capabilities: Develop strategy for gaining and deepening partnerships across our partner networks, and innovating on the ways in which Darkstore provides partnership in the space.
* Co-marketing: Develop strategy for co-marketing with brands and introducing the Darkstore name to end consumers.
* Market research: Develop the strategy and execute on how Darkstore gathers and leverages market data to inform messaging and go-to-market strategy across audiences.
What You’ll Bring:
* 5+ years experience as a Marketing leader, driving exceptional results across strategic planning, messaging & positioning, content creation, sales enablement and campaign/program planning
* 7-10+ years experience in marketing or related field in a tech startup or similar rapidly growing company. Ideal candidate will have experience transitioning an early stage company through a critical phase of high growth and scale.
* Experience in e-commerce space with B2B and B2C context, with the ability to build from a blank slate
* Ability to evaluate ROI across channels and initiatives. Very strong analytical skills with the ability to promptly establish priorities and communicate expectations.
* Skilled at turning data into insights. You are comfortable diving into the data to derive insights and tell a story - you employ data-driven decision making in all aspects of your role
* Skilled at articulating the essence of a product and the value it creates. You can develop a meaningful messaging hierarchy and effective content strategy plan. You can play the role of copywriter.
* You know your market, customers and competition, and you're excellent at integrating this information into your growth strategies.
* Outstanding written and verbal skills, articulate and persuasive communicator including excellent presentation skills; analytical and problem solving abilities
* Possesses exceptional integrity and high ethical standards
* BA/BS required, MBA a plus
What You’ll Get:
* Competitive salary and unlimit...
Equity in the form of Incentive Stock Options
Unlimited paid time off
Access to the Darkstore Wellness Director & Wellness Program
Collaborative and fast-paced environment where the best ideas win
Darkstore at a glance
Darkstore focuses on Mobile, E-Commerce, Retail, Supply Chain Management, and Logistics. Their company has offices in San Francisco. They have a small team that's between 1-10 employees. To date, Darkstore has raised $30.17M of funding; their latest round was closed on September 2019.