Same-Day Delivery for E-Commerce
Director of Design
As Director of Design, you will work in a highly collaborative and fast-paced environment with other designers, sales and account leads, product managers, operations leads and engineers to create great products and bring these products to market. You must be a great communicator, and be able to both create a compelling narrative through visual storytelling for our sales and marketing teams, as well as be able to align the business and engineering teams.
What You'll Do
* Drive the overall design vision for the Darkstore brand and Product UI, working across a portfolio of complex products and platforms
* Lead and manage the design team and practice at Darkstore
* Contribute and lead all aspects of our design process including research, wire-framing, prototyping, and visual design of our core product, including web and mobile applications, tech demos, analytics dashboards, product partner integrations, company website and presentational assets.
* Partner with engineers, brand partners, fulfillment and delivery partners, and growth partners to oversee the user experience from conception to launch
* Lead setting the foundation for a team that is committed to human-centered design as the core tenet of its user experience philosophy
* Translate business requirements and consumer needs into elegant design solutions that are both beautiful and usable
* Build and maintain best practices for user interface design
* Help build and maintain our brand guidelines and UI pattern library
* Communicate effectively across a cross-functional team and present ideas and designs effectively
What You Bring:
* 10+ years relevant work experience as a visual designer for digital products
* Bachelor’s degree in Visual Communication Design, Fine Arts, Interaction Design, Digital Design, Product Design or related field or equivalent demonstrable industry experience and portfolio, with a focus and experience on visual digital arts
* An outstanding portfolio that speaks to your product UX and visual design skills
* Deep understanding of visual design principles and concepts, including icon design, typography, color theory, accessibility, aesthetics, proportionality, layout fundamentals and information design
* Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
* An up to date understanding of best practices, developments and trends in UX and UI design, with an understanding of responsive design and expertise in prototyping software
* Excellent ability to concept, sketch, draw and storyboard ideas
* Experience working collaboratively with engineering teams to build digital products
* A team-oriented approach with a willingness to receive feedback and iterate on designs
What You Get
* Competitive salary and equity
* Unlimited PTO
* 100% of Health/Dental/Vision Insurances Premiums covered
* Pre-tax commuter benefits
* All of the equipment you’ll need to be successful
* Collaborative and fast-paced environment where the best ideas win
* Our headquarters is located in the SOMA area of San Francisco
Founded in 2017, Darkstore (darkstore.com) recognized the market’s insatiable appetite for super fast delivery, so we built an end to end solution that enables any brand and any retailer to offer an amazing direct to consumer customer experience with no capital investment. Darkstore has developed a technology platform that allows brands to offer same-day or standard fulfillment and delivery out of 160 urban fulfillment centers across the United States, all with just a single line of code. Orders are automatically routed to the fulfillment location that provides the lowest rate for the delivery. Darkstore’s management team is comprised of experienced technology and logistics executives.
Equity in the form of Incentive Stock Options
Unlimited paid time off
Access to the Darkstore Wellness Director & Wellness Program
Collaborative and fast-paced environment where the best ideas win
Darkstore at a glance
Darkstore focuses on Mobile, E-Commerce, Retail, Supply Chain Management, and Logistics. Their company has offices in San Francisco. They have a small team that's between 1-10 employees. To date, Darkstore has raised $30.17M of funding; their latest round was closed on September 2019.