The serious business of fun and games on the blockchain
Senior Blockchain Engineer$80k – $150k
We’re expanding the team of innovative Blockchain Engineers working on Flow, the high-performance, app-focused smart contract platform. You will work directly with the folks defining the state of the art for decentralized platforms.
You understand the value of clear and performant code and want to define the leading solutions for the industry's most important problems. You understand that a thriving open source ecosystem multiplies your productivity. You’re eager for the opportunity to build a new category of computing platform. Together, we will establish a thriving software ecosystem bringing decentralized applications to an audience numbered in the billions.
As the ideal candidate, you have demonstrated expertise with distributed infrastructure development, as well as the curiosity and creativity to explore new approaches to ambiguous problems. You understand the value of developer-friendly infrastructure and are excited about breaking new ground in a quickly-evolving space.
A little about us:
Flow is the blockchain for builders. Created by Dapper Labs, the team behind CryptoKitties, Flow will be the foundation for the next generation of decentralized applications with notable partners including Warner Music Group, Ubisoft, and Animoca.
The Flow team is a humble and curious bunch of builders and scientists who share a passion for blockchain technology and the new kinds of software it enables. Our people are our greatest strength: our diverse team flourishes in an environment where personal autonomy and professional growth are encouraged. We value our culture above else; regardless of where you came from or what you studied, your role here will necessitate both a high level of creativity and strategic thinking on complex issues.
What we'll accomplish together:
- Build an innovative blockchain as the foundation for an entire ecosystem of consumer applications, starting with games, collectibles, and the apps that interact with them
- Defy accepted wisdom on the scalability of blockchain platforms
- Design, develop, and deploy new systems that enhance throughput, latency, availability, and security
- Apply cutting-edge research and new developments to daily work
- Ensure that our work is ethical and values-driven to create a positive impact on the world
Does this describe you?
- Demonstrated excellence in software engineering; including exposure to distributed systems, scalability, and algorithms, preferably in Golang
- Demonstrated excellence in building and scaling infrastructure-as-a-service solutions
- Focused on delivering impact and results to the makers and consumers who will use the ecosystem
- Committed to personal and professional growth and willing to both learn from and teach a high performance team
- Excited about joining an open and honest work environment with supportive, ego-free colleagues committed to solving hard problems
More about Flow:
At Flow we recruit the best and foster an environment that empowers our team. That means a workplace that is diverse, inclusive, and open-minded. We welcome applicants of all backgrounds, regardless of race, colour, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, or disability.
Because we care about our team, we work hard to provide perks that make their lives better by offering:
- Flexible vacation & remote work policy - most team members take between 15-20 days off per year, but we have no hard limit (for our co-ops & interns, vacation is instead paid out on each pay)
- Diverse opportunities for learning and development
- On-site gym and fitness reimbursements
- Dog friendly office!
Check out our careers page to learn more about what other benefits we offer!