The serious business of fun and games on the blockchain
Senior Frontend Engineer$80k – $120k
Are you a product-minded Front-End Engineer who relishes creating polished and delightful interactions? We're looking for help to bridge blockchain to web and games, with inspiring possibilities. Leveraging groundbreaking tools with a passionate and committed team while exercising autonomy and ownership over your work, you’ll help us tackle unsolved problems in an exciting new space.
The ideal candidate has experience in the lifecycle of a project through inception, prototype, and scale while utilizing the appropriate technologies to get there.
A little about us:
Dapper Labs is the company behind CryptoKitties. Formed in February 2018, Dapper Labs was spun out of Axiom Zen to spread the benefits of decentralization through the power of play, fairness, and true ownership. Notable investors in Dapper Labs include Andreessen Horowitz, Union Square Ventures, Venrock, Google Ventures, Samsung, and the founders of Dreamworks, Reddit, Coinbase, Zynga, and AngelList, among others. CryptoKitties is the world’s most popular blockchain application outside of cryptocurrency exchanges.
Dapper team members are humble and curious entrepreneurs, builders, and tinkerers who share a passion to demystify blockchain technology and tap its potential to create change in the world. Our people are our greatest strength: our diverse crew flourishes in a distributed hierarchy where personal autonomy and professional growth are encouraged. We value our culture above else: regardless of where you came from, what you studied, or who you used to work for, your role here will necessitate both a high level of creativity and strategic thinking on complex issues. Everyone here is a founder, and no one fits in a box. We’re all driven by an insatiable thirst for learning and development, and that’s what brings us together.
What We’ll Accomplish Together:
- Make every user interaction with our product a delightful and polished experience.
- Contribute to the ideation, technical design, implementation, and testing of product features.
- Improve technical skills and share knowledge with the rest of the team.
- Adopt best practices in software development and refine our workflow.
- Ship features with the users in mind and strive to provide them with a great experience.
- Identify areas where our technical stack can be improved, prioritize them with the team, and contribute to their implementation.
Our Ideal Candidate:
- Has experience with CSS, and expertise with modern CSS.
- Has experience with CSS pre-processors, and expertise in Sass.
- Has experience scaling and optimizing the performance of web applications.
- Has a good eye for design and a solid understanding of user experience principles.
- Has experience shipping high-quality code in a fast-paced environment.
- Has great communication skills; you work well with others to make the product better every day.
- Can collaborate with marketing, product, and design to move the product forward.
Bonus points if you have the following:
- Experience with blockchain technologies.
- Experience working with Node and Go.
More about Dapper Labs:
At Dapper Labs we recruit the best and foster an environment that empowers our team. That means a workplace that is diverse, inclusive, and open-minded. We welcome applicants of all backgrounds, regardless of race, colour, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, or disability.
Because we care about our team, we work hard to provide perks that make their lives better by offering:
- Flexible vacation & remote work policy - most team members take between 15-20 days off per year, but we have no hard limit (for our co-ops & interns, vacation is instead paid out on each pay)
- Diverse opportunities for learning and development
- On-site gym and fitness reimbursements
- Dog friendly office!
Check out our careers page to learn more about what other benefits we offer!