The serious business of fun and games on the blockchain.
Lead Site Reliability Engineer
We’re looking for an experienced team lead to join our SRE team at the technical core of an organization that’s completely reshaping how distributed applications on blockchains can reach massive audiences.
We depend on SRE's ability to both architect, build, and iterate on resilient, scalable systems, and also to guide the rest of the engineering team.
You’ll join a highly motivated team and play a key role in helping craft its direction and strategy.
You’ll help to plan and architect our tools and infrastructure spanning a variety of projects where scalability, resilience, and security are key. Working closely with other team leads, your experience will allow you to guide the company through launches from simple prototypes to large scale systems while fostering a mindset of ownership and enablement. You’ll be empowered to fully apply your experience, lessons learned, and leadership skills in an environment with little tech debt, no on-prem servers, and a strong foundation based on GKE. Every day, you’ll collaborate with a world-class team in our Vancouver office.
Every one of us shares a common vision: to create the future we want to live in. We need the right people to help us realize that vision.
A little about us:
Dapper Labs is the company behind CryptoKitties. Formed in February 2018, Dapper Labs was spun out of Axiom Zen to spread the benefits of decentralization through the power of play, fairness, and true ownership. Notable investors in Dapper Labs include Andreessen Horowitz, Union Square Ventures, Venrock, Google Ventures, Samsung, and the founders of Dreamworks, Reddit, Coinbase, Zynga, and AngelList, among others. CryptoKitties is the world’s most popular blockchain application outside of cryptocurrency exchanges.
Dapper team members are humble and curious entrepreneurs, builders, and tinkerers who share a passion to demystify blockchain technology and tap its potential to create change in the world. Our people are our greatest strength: our diverse crew flourishes in a distributed hierarchy where personal autonomy and professional growth are encouraged. We value our culture above else: regardless of where you came from, what you studied, or who you used to work for, your role here will necessitate both a high level of creativity and strategic thinking on complex issues. Everyone here is a founder, and no one fits in a box. We’re all driven by an insatiable thirst for learning and development, and that’s what brings us together.
What we'll accomplish together:
- Work with leadership to set the expectations for SRE as we plan for new business phases, guiding major technology and architectural decisions for the company’s infrastructure
- Engineer resilient, manageable infrastructure onto which our products of various size and shape can deploy and efficiently scale using Terraform, GCP, GKE, Cloudflare, etc.
- Leveraging the latest technologies, find new ways to improve our ability to ship fast and often while maintaining quality systems that we can depend on
- Plan and build tools and automation to fill the gaps in our current systems as we face bigger and more complex challenges
- Craft and hone our release engineering, incident response, and post mortem processes
A little about you:
- You have years of experience leading an SRE or release engineering team, architecting, building, and scaling orchestration systems like Kubernetes, Normad, Mesos, etc.
- You have experience consulting with product and engineering teams on major architecture decisions
- You have experience working with project stakeholders in developing SLO and SLI targets and implementing relevant metrics to ensure targets have been met
- You have experience setting up advanced blue/green or canary style release pipelines to facilitate different deployment methods based on project requirements
- You have experience with and are comfortable managing production incidents, creating on-call schedules, supporting on-call teams, and leading blameless post mortems
- You have experience coding and developing applications. Bonus points for knowing Go
- You have experience working with Infrastructure as Code systems like Terraform or CloudFormation
- You have a strong ability to collaborate with cross-functional teams and build solid working relationships with everyone in the organization, from individual contributors to the CEO
- While you believe in processes and the power of planning, you understand that you will often have to roll with the punches and prioritize the most impactful tasks on the fly
More about Dapper Labs:
At Dapper Labs we recruit the best and foster an environment that empowers our team. That means a workplace that is diverse, inclusive, and open-minded. We welcome applicants of all backgrounds, regardless of race, colour, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, or disability.
Because we care about our team, we work hard to provide perks that make their lives better by offering:
- Flexible vacation & remote work policy - most team members take between 15-20 days off per year, but we have no hard limit (for our co-ops & interns, vacation is instead paid out on each pay)
- Diverse opportunities for learning and development
- On-site gym and fitness reimbursements
- Dog friendly office!
Check out our careers page to learn more about what other benefits we offer!