Lead Product Designer$70k – $110k • 0.1% – 0.25%
Dandy is reimagining pet wellness with data-driven predictive modeling and a learning approach to wellness based recommendations. We're looking for junior to senior Lead Product Designers who want to be part of a mission-driven start-up helping dogs, and their people, live healthier, happier lives together.
We are seeking a passionate, driven, and detail-oriented individual to join the team as our lead Product Designer. This role requires working across various applications to build out experiences and features for Dandy's dynamic platform. You'll be working with a smart, experienced team to accelerate innovation in pet health and e-comm with the Dandy vision of becoming the next great platform in pet wellness.
Our ideal candidate is excited, proactive and engaged in building out branded product and platform experiences with a focus on design, usability, and functionality. They should be able to work in a fast-paced, dynamic environment, think creatively and outside the box, and work collaboratively.
About the Role:
As our Product lead, you'll be responsible for designing the foundational elements of Dandy's digital experience as we move from a single to a multi-product platform.
- Partnering with members of the team to implement user research techniques, customer feedback, site metrics and usability findings to create unique, thoughtful and approachable digital experiences that drive conversion, retention & surprise and delight.
- Translate UX knowledge into implemented, elegant, functional design work that creates unique, thoughtful experiences for our consumers.
- Help implement and maintain Dandy's digital design standards
- Strong understanding of trends and how they are applicable to Dandy's platform
- Create inspiring user-centered designs that take into consideration customer feedback, site metrics, and usability findings
- Produce rapid prototypes to put your designs to the test
- Proactive, thoughtful and able to work in a dynamic environment.
3+ years digital design experience
Experience with design tools like Sketch and Invision
Experience collaborating with people across multiple disciplines
Strong design portfolio
An eye for useful design and taking on new challenges
You’re able to switch gears as needed while maintaining focus on the big picture and staying organized.
You can identify what is important vs urgent and are able to prioritize work while staying organized, meticulous, and motivated.
Experience working with an Engineering team preferred
Experience conducting user research to better understand users strongly preferred
All pets welcome
Every Day bring your dog to work day. We want our dogs to be product testers and make our office filled with our extended family.
Dandy Pet at a glance
Dandy Pet focuses on E-Commerce, Consumer Goods, Health and Wellness, and Pet Care. Their company has offices in Austin. They have a small team that's between 1-10 employees.
You can view their website at http://www.lovedandy.com