Build and deploy hybrid quantum applications for the real world
Sales Engineer (Remote from Japan)
About us:D-Wave is looking for exceptionally motivated people who love to see the impact of their work, who are driven to ensure the success of the company, and who want to be a part of something special. We are working to radically change what is possible with computers and are leading the effort to commercialize quantum computing. This is an exceptional opportunity for an individual that thrives on making an impact not only with those they support, but through the company they are a part of.
D-Wave Business:D-Wave is the leader in quantum computing systems, software, and services and is the world’s first commercial supplier of quantum computers. Our web service, LeapTM, is the only cloud service that delivers real-time access to a quantum computer and a full suite of open-source programming tools. Leap now has hybrid capabilities that combine the power of quantum and classical computers, analogous to the way a CPU works with a GPU, enabling the solution of very large problems. Software tools make programming easy, in languages like Python.
D-Wave customers include large organizations like Volkswagen, DENSO, Lockheed Martin, Los Alamos National Labs, and Oak Ridge National Labs, as well as smaller companies working in logistics, financial optimization and drug design.
The Sales Engineer role:D-Wave is seeking a Sales Engineer to play a key role in our continued revenue, customer and partner growth in Japan by closely working with the sales and marketing teams to implement our go-to-market strategies. Additionally, collaborating with the product teams to stay up to date and provide user feedback on the technical advances of our quantum solutions. As a Sales Engineer you’ll act as a technical advisor and product advocate. You will be our front-line technical resource to facilitate pre-sales conversations with potential customers, training, and post-sales engagement to ensure our customers are getting up to speed as quickly as possible. In this role, you will be responsible for articulating our technology and product positioning to both business and technical users. You will also be responsible for assessing potential customer applications of the products to determine those that represent the best fit or identifying possible new formulations of the problems to improve the fit. Furthermore, you will identify technical issues at assigned accounts to ensure complete customer satisfaction through all stages of the sales process therefore establishing and maintaining strong customer relationships throughout and after the sales cycle. Previous experience in quantum computing is beneficial but not necessary. Given the Covid-19 pandemic, once traveling between Japan and Canada is permissible again, travel to our head office in Burnaby, Canada will be required to receive training.
- Present the product to individual customer prospects, understand clients’ most critical computational challenges and problems to be solved and help map D-Wave value within that context
- Translate and present D-Wave’s vision, strategy and product roadmaps to executive level customers and potential customers as well as to technical leaders
- Support sales executives with deep technical knowledge,
- Occasionally conduct product demonstrations at conferences, seminars, etc.
- Respond to functional and technical elements of RFIs/RFPs
- Manage the product evaluation process to ensure positive results and produce/present the resulting data reviews
- Convey customer requirements to the Applications Development and Product Management teams
- Be a technical resource on application and algorithm definition, quantum computing, industry trends, and competition
- Identify and recommend new customer projects utilizing D-Wave solutions
Required Attributes, Skills and Experience:
- Computer Science, Engineering, Mathematics or related STEM degree with minimum 5 years of experience in pre-sales or customer-facing roles in one of the following areas: application development or delivery, data analytics, data science, or operational process optimization using computing resources, preferably in a cloud or SaaS model
- Working knowledge and experience in definition of a problem to facilitate translation into algorithms and enterprise scale applications
- Python programming experience
- Fluent or near fluent in both English and Japanese
- Ability to map portfolio of solutions to the customers’ needs
- Ability to become a trusted advisor and establish credibility with potential customers, partners and key customers
- Strong listening skills and a consultative approach to sales or problem solving aligned to customer goals
- Ability to travel internationally and work virtually
- Intellectual curiosity, honesty and integrity
- Passion for discovery and success
Competitive benefits package
State of the art espresso machine
Learn from the best educated baristas around
Support for conference attendance
Encouragement to publish and patent your ideas
Enjoy events ranging from lunch and learns to street hockey
Flexible working hours
Healthy work-life balance
Relax in our massage chair or play a game of foosball or pool
D-Wave Systems at a glance
D-Wave Systems focuses on Semiconductors, Cloud Computing, Manufacturing, and Electronics. Their company has offices in Canada. They have a mid-size team that's between 51-200 employees. To date, D-Wave Systems has raised $263.929M of funding; their latest round was closed on June 2018.