Build and deploy hybrid quantum applications for the real world
Software Developer Engineer in Test (Automation)
About us:D-Wave is looking for exceptionally motivated people who love to see the impact of their work, who are driven to ensure the success of the company, and who want to be a part of something special. We are working to radically change what is possible with computers and are leading the effort to commercialize quantum computing. This is an exceptional opportunity for an individual that thrives on making an impact not only with those they support, but through the company they are a part of. D-Wave’s business:D-Wave is the leader in quantum computing systems, software, and services and is the world’s first commercial supplier of quantum computers. Our web service, LeapTM, is the only cloud service that delivers real-time access to a quantum computer (currently D-Wave's 5000Q Advantage) and a full suite of open-source programming tools. Leap now has hybrid capabilities that combine the power of quantum and classical computers, analogous to the way a CPU works with a GPU, enabling the solution of very large problems. Software tools make programming easy, in languages like Python.
D-Wave’s customers have developed more than 200 early applications of our quantum system. With the combined capabilities of the next generation system, Advantage, and the recently introduced hybrid solvers, D-Wave’s customers will be able to deploy these capabilities to benefit their businesses.
The SDET (Automation) role:D-Wave is seeking an experienced professional who is passionate about testing and software quality to join our team as a Software Developer Engineer In Test (SDET). In this role, you will collaborate closely with our development teams to ensure test practices are consistent across the company and help define the quality standards of our products. Our systems are complex and multi-disciplinary in nature. A strong understanding of both hardware and software test strategies, tools, automation and practices is will be needed in developing successful test programs. You will be a strategic member of our Test Engineering team and are expected to play a role as a mentor, collaborator and leader in the quality organization.
In this role you will:
- Work with a variety of teams — Software Engineering, Product Management, UI (Customer Experience) — to design and own test strategies for new features and functionality, enabling quality from the beginning
- Develop and maintain test automation suites for existing and new features
- Analyze system requirements and testing gaps to maximize test coverage and/or improve end-to-end system reliability and performance
- Prepare detailed test plans and cases and consult with various groups on testing options and strategies
- Track defects and quickly resolve issues
- Act as an SME for features under testing and assist development teams with implementing best practices and methods that support testability and defect prevention
- Participate and provide technical feedback and suggestions during business/technical requirement and design reviews
- Be a key technical resource on the selection of tools, technologies, and processes to ensure test consistency across the company
- Continuously challenge our test strategies to support faster code integration and deployment
You will bring to this role:
- A degree in Computer Science or equivalent with a minimum of 5 years software development/SDET experience
- Experience delivering quality on SaaS or customer-facing products in a dynamic and scaling environment.
- Experience with automation frameworks such as Selenium, JMeter
- Experience working with Linux and Git (comfortable using command line)
- Experience in testing high-performance, multi-disciplinary (hardware and software) and distributed systems
- Expert understanding of the systems needed to enable QA activities within a CI/CD environment
- Experience building and managing pipelines using tools like Jenkins.
- 3+ years experience with Python or other scripted languages, and associated testing frameworks
- Thrives in a highly dynamic multi-disciplinary working environment using Agile methods
- Ability to move quickly and make decisions with limited and sometimes contradictory information
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
Bonus Qualifications - One or more of these additional qualifications would be awesome but not necessary:
- Experience in embedded systems testing or real time systems
- Experience with containerization technologies, such as Docker
Competitive benefits package
State of the art espresso machine
Learn from the best educated baristas around
Support for conference attendance
Encouragement to publish and patent your ideas
Enjoy events ranging from lunch and learns to street hockey
Flexible working hours
Healthy work-life balance
Relax in our massage chair or play a game of foosball or pool
D-Wave Systems at a glance
D-Wave Systems focuses on Semiconductors, Cloud Computing, Manufacturing, and Electronics. Their company has offices in Canada. They have a mid-size team that's between 51-200 employees. To date, D-Wave Systems has raised $263.929M of funding; their latest round was closed on June 2018.