Customizable Android OS built for speed, security, and battery life
Principal Perception Engineer
Cyngn is a Silicon Valley startup backed by the leading Venture Capital firms and strategic investors in the world, including Benchmark Capital, Andreessen Horowitz, Redpoint, Tencent, Qualcomm, Foxconn and others.We believe that the best products come from the art of open and honest collaboration. We’re constantly experimenting, asking questions, listening to feedback and always ready to take action. We believe that the journey of creating and building is just as important as the final product. This curiosity and learning breeds a workplace for open creativity and trust, creating products that will make everyone’s lives better. We apply this belief in developing and deploying self-driving solutions that move people and goods in real-world environments. Our Level 4 self-driving system for geo-fenced public and private environments is cost-effective, modular and broadly applicable. To build this incredible technology, we are looking for amazing people who are passionate about mobility, applied artificial intelligence and high impact engineering that will revolutionize society.
You want to work for a fast-moving company that recognizes the virtue of automation and autonomy. You are passionate about autonomous vehicles and the future of mobility, with purpose. You are driven, calm, motivated by making an impact on the technological and commercial trajectory of the company you work for. You eat complex problems for breakfast. If you love to build, tinker and create with a team of trusted colleagues, then Cyngn is the place for you.
- Develop novel real-time algorithms for one of the following: object detection, tracking or prediction
- Turn academic research into production level code to support self-driving efforts
- Deploy state-of-the-art perception algorithms at customer site for level 4 self-driving
- Design the sensor stack necessary for perception needs
- Contribute to Cyngn’s intellectual property in the form of patents
- BS degree in a relevant field (computer science, machine learning, robotics, etc)
- 5+ years of programming experience with C++, writing production level software
- Experience with modern deep learning perception algorithms and thorough understanding of relevant publications
- Detailed understanding of sensor hardware, interfaces and data formats
- MS/PhD degree in a relevant field (computer science, machine learning, robotics, etc)
- 7+ years of experience writing and deploying production quality code (C++, C)
- 5+ years of working on real-time safety-critical perception algorithms for level 4 autonomous driving
- Experienced using deep learning frameworks (Caffe, Tensorflow, Pytorch, etc) and deploying models
- Expert level familiarity with CUDA, OpenCL and other heterogeneous computing languages
- Thorough understanding of hardware compute platforms (ASICs. GPUs, FPGAs, etc.)
- Extensive experience in academic research or industrial research in the form of publishing to top conference (CVPR, ICML, ICRA, etc.) is strongly preferred
- Solid knowledge of sensor fusion, tracking and prediction algorithms
- Extensive experience in the automotive industry
Cyngn at a glance
Cyngn focuses on Hybrid Vehicles. Their company has offices in Seattle, Palo Alto, and Menlo Park. They have a small team that's between 11-50 employees. To date, Cyngn has raised $180M of funding; their latest round was closed on March 2015.