Customizable Android OS built for speed, security, and battery life
Sr. Systems Engineer - Autonomous Driving
Cyngn is a Silicon Valley startup backed by the leading Venture Capital firms and strategic investors in the world, including Benchmark Capital, Andreessen Horowitz, Redpoint, Tencent, Qualcomm, Foxconn and others.
We believe that the best products come from the art of open and honest collaboration. We’re constantly experimenting, asking questions, listening to feedback and always ready to take action. We believe that the journey of creating and building is just as important as the final product. This curiosity and learning breeds a workplace for open creativity and trust, creating products that will make everyone’s lives better. We apply this belief in developing and deploying self-driving solutions that move people and goods in real-world environments. Our Level 4 self-driving system for geo-fenced public and private environments is cost-effective, modular and broadly applicable.
To build this incredible technology, we are looking for amazing people who are passionate about mobility, applied artificial intelligence and high impact engineering that will revolutionize society.
You want to work for a fast-moving company that recognizes the virtue of automation and autonomy. You are passionate about autonomous vehicles and the future of mobility, with purpose. You are driven, calm, motivated by making an impact on the technological and commercial trajectory of the company you work for. You eat complex problems for breakfast. If you love to build, tinker and create with a team of trusted colleagues, then CYNGN is the place for you.
About the Job
Cyngn is scaling its team to deliver on its pragmatic product vision into customers' sites as we take on more ambitious deployments. We need more brain and execution power on our team to bring the state of the art to practical applications. As a senior systems engineer you will work closely with our engineering team leads to model, specify and validate complex system in our entire technology stack, solve challenging technical problems with amazing architecture spiced with human systems engineering while reporting to the Director of Programs and Product.
For this role, you will have a strong systems specification and design background combined with the ability to deliver on both high-level design architectural and low-level detailed technical objectives. You will be accountable for sub system-level functional and performance requirements, the framework for sub-system technical requirements, concept architecture and analysis to ensure technical requirements are documented, reviewed, and approved through NPD stage gate process. You will evaluate engineering output for conformance to system design requirements and be responsible for verifying design and validation under defined operating conditions.
To assist in the overall development of system design development and verification, as the Senior Systems Engineer, you will identify development activities, review, and update plans as development evolves. Since we are rapidly scaling and moving company, you will be wearing many hats - the job will range from system design of hardware and software development in the trenches with the engineering teams all the way to product and program management. You will be working alongside an experienced and ambitious cross-functional teams of robotics and autonomy engineers to help you along the way.
- Develop a comprehensive understanding of the entire product from the architecture level to ensure that each subsystem functions well and safely together
- Take top-level product requirements and break them down into subsystem component requirements for all engineering teams; ensure the implementation of your requirement approach
- Work alongside cross-functional engineering team leads such as software, hardware and mechanical team in high-level architecture and planning
- Participate in Cyngn Product Development Framework stage gates and workflows for requirement definitions
- Design and drive validation and verification and monitor the outcomes
- Help engineering team leads solve detailed implementation issues during the NPI and manufacturing phase of product development
- Drive planning and ensure compliance with key deliverables
- Develop and maintain architecture and compliance documentation
- Evaluate technological solutions and vendors partnerships best suited for initiatives aligned with Cyngn's mission
- BASc. or Graduate degree in Systems, Aerospace engineering or related field
- 7+ years of experience with systems design background for complex robotic systems
- 5+ years of experience working with robotics and/or industrial automation (including internships and research assistance)
- Experience designing architecture based on requirements from cross-functional engineering teams
- Experience writing product and technical requirement documents, conducting design and test readiness reviews
- Proven track record of product delivery/shipping/deployment to clients
- Good understanding of robotics systems including sensors, mechanical and software systems
- Exemplary motivation to impact the organization without explicit direction from upper management
- Excellent teamwork and communication skills
- Experience with functional safety compliance
- Experience with the entire autonomous vehicle or mobile robotics technology stack
Cyngn at a glance
Cyngn focuses on Hybrid Vehicles. Their company has offices in Seattle, Palo Alto, and Menlo Park. They have a small team that's between 11-50 employees. To date, Cyngn has raised $180M of funding; their latest round was closed on March 2015.