A simpler, safer way to manage your money on the go, with all your cards in one
Software Engineer (Golang/Java/C++/C#)£50k – £65k • 0.015% – 0.02%
That’s why Curve puts your finances simply at your fingertips, so you can make smart choices on how to spend, send, see and save your money. We help you control your financial life, so you can go out and live the life you want to live.
With Curve you can spend from all your accounts, track spend behaviour and provide insights, and security to protect you from fraud. For the first time giving you bright insights and control of all your money in one beautiful place.
We’re developing a ground-breaking product with our customers at the core. Our user base is growing rapidly and we have exceptional metrics. We have funding from the leading names in tech investment, and a visionary leadership team who wants everyone who joins this remarkable adventure, to have the autonomy to masterfully develop their expertise.
Welcome to Curve. On a mission to help you live inspired.
Projects/initiatives that we want you to contribute to or lead the charge on:
* Connect platform: building the vision of Curve as a connected platform,integrating seamlessly with best-in-class apps and tools
* Curve SDK & OpenAPI: building an open platform and developer community to create innovative services and tools
* P2P payment: making Curve the smartest way to send and spend money, from any accounts & cards from anywhere
* Open Banking: connecting the financial world for customers by bringing together account data that will enable better financial decisions
* Spend analytics, insights and recommendations: using data and machine learning
* Financial product marketplace: credit, savings and other products and services to improve the financial lives of customers
Our current tech stack includes:
Languages: PHP, GO
Messaging: RabbitMQ (and maybe Kafka in the future)
Data: Snowplow, Python for the ETL
Our development practises include: TDD, BDD, Scrum
Database: PostgreSQL, MongoDB, Redshift
Mobile: IOS/Android; Objective-C/Swift/Java/Kotlin
Our devops culture includes: CI, CD, Docker, Kubernetes, Istio & Envoy, AWS
What your day will involve:
* Delivering clean, architecturally sound and maintainable server-side code; bonus points for full-stack development experience
* Collaborating with stakeholders in the company to rapidly build-measure-learn a world-class product
* Working with our scrum masters to constantly iterate on the company’s development processes
* Motivating the team past roadblocks to make sure we are shipping features as effectively as possible
* Guiding design discussions; being the voice of experience with helping the team balance flexibility, expediency and scalability & performance
* Contributing to the current move away from monolithic architecture to microservices
* Championing new technologies and enforcing the best development patterns
* Keeping a keen eye on the future, whilst making sure we’re proactively but pragmatically tackling technical debt
Our ideal team member will have the following talents, skills & experience:
* 2+ years of software development experience
* In-depth knowledge of more than one software language among Golang, Java, C++, with Go experience preferable but not essential
* Experience of building microservices; ideally deployed in Docker containers on Kubernetes
* Experience of agile development practices
* Experience with RDBMS & NoSQL datastores
* Bonus points for real-time low latency high frequency transaction based systems
* Ability to diagnose problems at any level (Client, HTTP/Network, Server, Database, OS)
* Demonstrable experience of building large concurrent applications
* Bonus points for experience of developing and shipping mobile apps to the App or Play store
* Experience of developing and running large scale production environments in or closely with DevOps / SRE
* A genuine interest in working in a fast paced startup and ideally Fintech
* Voracious appetite for learning
Perks of working with us:
* Generous holiday allowance
* Monthly contribution to health & wellbeing budget for gym, etc.
* Learning & Development annual budget
* Supper & Taxis home should you work late
* Ride to Work Scheme
* Season Ticket Loan
* ‘Breakfast Mondays’, ‘Lunch Fridays’ and ‘Friday Drinks’
The successful applicant will be required to undertake DBS checks in accordance with regulations.
Closing date for applications: 28th September 2018
Curve at a glance
Curve focuses on Personal Finance, Mobile Payments, Banking, and Finance Technology. Their company has offices in London. They have a mid-size team that's between 51-200 employees. To date, Curve has raised $67M of funding; their latest round was closed on July 2019 at a valuation of $250M.