Software Engineer$120k – $140k • 0.5% – 1.0%
Curtsy makes it easy for women to buy and sell clothes. We use machine learning and AI to radically simplify the process of resale and fashion discovery.
We noticed that existing resale apps were hard to use, filled with spam, and dominated by businesses — not real people. Curtsy is a sustainable alternative to fast fashion that helps women simplify their lives, switch up their style, and earn extra cash.
We’re a product-focused, technical team with an obsession for simple design. We’re a YC alum (S19), backed by some of the most reputable investors in the Bay Area.
We’ve doubled our business in the last few months and just recently broke the top 100 apps list for the shopping category in the App Store. We have 150,000 monthly active users and have grown 30% monthly for the last year.
We’re hiring a generalist, leadership oriented, full-stack engineer to build out our web app, internal tools, integrations, and analytics infrastructure.
In a typical week at Curtsy, you will:
- Deliver new customer-facing features and improvements
- Collaborate with customer service and marketing to streamline their workflow through software
- Build out integrations with vendors like shipping and payment providers
- Help shape our roadmap, make product decisions, and participate in company strategy setting
- Assist in scaling our backend to support tens of thousands of concurrent users
You’ll be contributing to our web app and backend (NodeJS, MongoDB, and Parse).
We’re Looking For
- At least 2-4 years of full-time experience as a full-stack engineer
- Ability to develop web applications from zero to MVP
- Ability to work well in a fast-paced, early-stage startup environment
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills
- Ability to figure things out on the fly
- Believes in winning by helping others succeed
Commitment To Diversity
We view empathy as a competitive advantage, which is why we value a diversity of backgrounds and perspectives. We strongly encourage women, people of color, and other under-represented groups to apply. We don’t discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
Meet your team
Curtsy at a glance
Curtsy focuses on Mobile, Fashion, Marketplaces, and Fashion Tech. Their company has offices in San Francisco. They have a small team that's between 1-10 employees. To date, Curtsy has raised $3.42M of funding; their latest round was closed on November 2019.