Culture Trip is a startup that inspires people to explore culture & creativity
iOS Software Engineer
Culture Trip is the go-to place for curious travellers to get inspired, plan and book - all in one place. Our website and app are packed with award-winning travel stories and recommendations, and customers can turn inspiration directly into reality as they can book online what they read about through curated collections of places to stay and things to do. Our mission is to inspire people to go beyond their cultural boundaries and experience what makes a place, its people and culture, special, unique and meaningful. Together with our users, we take a stand for an open, tolerant and cosmopolitan world. We deeply care about this, and aspire to be creative, sustainable and inclusive in everything we do.
Culture Trip has shown record-breaking growth: monthly unique visitors went up to 15-20 million, app downloads have leapt to more than 2.7 million, social followers have increased to 8 million (in 2019, we were the fastest growing travel and media brand on social media) and our videos have been viewed more than 2.5 billion times since 2016.
Since 2019 alone, we have won more than 30 awards including 3 Digiday Media Awards Europe, 1 Digiday Video Award, 16 Telly awards, and more.
Culture Trip was founded in 2011 and after four years evolving the concept, the company secured seed funding of $2 million in 2015, Series A funding of $20 million in 2016, a funding injection of $80 million in 2018 and in August 2020 we announced that we have secured additional funding to drive further growth.
As an iOS Developer, you will have full technical ownership of the Culture Trip iOS app, while assisting and working with fellow iOS engineers from various squads. You will need to prioritise user needs over the technical feasibility of implementing features and have high attention to detail when it comes to designing app’s look and feel. You know how to prioritise considerations like performance and accessibility, and you care about people and make their lives better through your work.
- Innovate and create a cutting-edge mobile expereince
- Integration with the back-end systems and APIs
- Working with our product managers and graphic designers
- Working with the native mobile engineers
Required Skills & Experiences
- 4+ years experience in iOS development with Swift in depth knowledge
- Strong understanding of iOS Platform and its associated toolchain and kits
- Experience in building and releasing iOS apps
- Working with iOS platform frameworks
- Experience with REST APIs
- Experience with unit testing
- Experience with A/B testing
- Familiar with Agile or other rapid application development methods
- Experience with Git or other distributed version control systems
- Familiar with open source contributions (i.e. PRs)
- Familiar with CI/CD pipelines (preferably CircleCI)
- Familiar with bash or shell scripting
- Solid understanding with iOS architectures and modules.
- Versed in SOLID principles.
Desired Skills and Experience
- Worked with VIPER architecture (or similar)
- Protocol Oriented Programming and Object Oriented programming skills
- Clean Code practises
- Modular development
- GraphQL exposure
- Continuous Integration and Continuous Development knowledge
- Scripting languages (shell script and python)
Culture Trip at a glance
Culture Trip focuses on Travel & Tourism. Their company has offices in New York City, London, and Tel Aviv. They have a large team that's between 201-500 employees. To date, Culture Trip has raised $100M of funding; their latest round was closed on April 2018.